Southeastern is a member of the Oklahoma state system of higher education. The legal control of the University rests in two boards:
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Regional University System of Oklahoma
The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is the coordinating board for all public institutions of higher education in the state. The board consists of nine members who are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the state senate for nine-year terms, one expiring each year. The coordinating powers of the board include the right to prescribe standards for higher education, to approve programs of study and functions for public institutions of higher education, and to establish minimum standards for admission to public institutions in the state.
The Board of Regents of the Regional University System of Oklahoma is the governing board for the following Oklahoma state universities: Southeastern Oklahoma State University; University of Central Oklahoma, East Central University, Northeastern State University, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, and Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
The board consists of nine members, eight of whom are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the state senate for overlapping terms. The ninth member, the state superintendent of public instruction, is ex officio. The functions of the board are to establish administrative policies, to provide general supervision and control of the institution, and to approve financial and personnel matters of the institution upon the recommendation of the university president.
- Sean Burrage—President
- Ms. Sharon Robinson—Vice President, Student Affairs
- Mr. Ross Walkup—Vice President, Business Affairs
- Dr. Doug McMillan—Vice President for Academic Affairs, Educational Outreach & Project Development
Administrative Professional Staff
- Mrs. Michele Campbell—Executive Assistant to the President
- Ms. Terri Rogers—Assistant to the President
- Ms. Kelly D’Arcy—Director, Residence Life
- Mr. Tony Lehrling—Director, Student Financial Aid
- Mr. Eddie Harbin—Director, Physical Plant
- Ms. Kristie Luke—Associate Dean of Admissions and Records/Registrar
- Mr. Kyle Stafford—Executive Director, University Advancement
- Ms. Elizabeth McCraw—Dean of Enrollment Management
- Ms. Camille Phelps—Assistant Dean of Students
- Mr. Keith Baxter—Athletic Director
- Dr. William Carter—State Director, Oklahoma Small Business Development Center
- Mr. Alan Burton—Director, University Communications
- Ms. Stephanie Davison—Director of Alumni Relations
- Ms. Kathy Hendrick—Director of Center of Regional Economic Development
The Faculty Senate is the official representative body of the faculty of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. The Faculty Senate shall ensure that appropriate considerations be given to faculty concerns during the revision of departmental, school, or university mission statements and goals or modifications of university policies. The Faculty Senate is empowered to present the position of the faculty concerning policies affecting the faculty and university to the appropriate committee, administrative office, or board. The Faculty Senate also shall promote the development of professional standards and scholarship within the faculty and university.
Southeastern Oklahoma State University’s hexagon–shaped seal identifies it as one of six sister institutions by the Board of Regents of Oklahoma Colleges. In the center is a replica of Morrison Hall, the building that is the embodiment of Southeastern. At the bottom of the seal is a single magnolia blossom which represents the “Campus of a Thousand Magnolias”. At the hexagon’s center is a triangle, symbolizing the convergence of the geographic region’s three rivers—Red River, Blue River, and Washita River. At the base of the seal is the date of Southeastern’s founding, 1909. On either side of the seal, are two words—Progress and Education. Each word is given equal status, which conveys the message so boldly and simply: Progress through Education —Education through Progress.