Physical Science Course Descriptions
- 1114 GENERAL PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- Introduction to physical science including physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology, and meteorology; with laboratory.
- 1214 EARTH SCIENCE
- An introduction to meteorology, the solar system and historical geology; with emphasis on principles and vocabulary of physical geology; with laboratory.
- 1414 GENERAL ASTRONOMY
- An introductory astronomy including early history, fundamentals of light and gravity, earth and the solar system, star fformation and death, galaxies and the cosmos. This course involes simple algebra to explain the methods
- 5503 THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF SCIENCE & TECH
- Methods of inquiry and problem solving; impact of science and technology on civilizations, creativity, innovation, and future trends.