Physical Science Course Descriptions
- 1114 GENERAL PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- Introduction to physical science including physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology, and meteorology; with laboratory.
- 1214 EARTH SCIENCE
- An introduction to meteorology, the solar system and historical geology; with emphasis on principles and vocabulary of physical geology; with laboratory.
- 3114 GENERAL ASTRONOMY
- (Sp) An introduction to the concepts of modern astronomy. The solar system, the sun and stars, the Milky Way and other galaxies, current theories of the origin, evolution and fate of the universe; with laboratory. (Same as PHYS 3114)
- 5503 THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF SCIENCE & TECH
- Methods of inquiry and problem solving; impact of science and technology on civilizations, creativity, innovation, and future trends.