Major Code: 18
Bachelor of Arts
39 Semester Hours
- ENG 2413 Critical Approaches to Literature
- ENG 2873 Language and Culture
- ENG 3543 English Literature to 1800
- ENG 3653 English Literature Since 1800
- ENG 3773 American Literature to 1865
- ENG 3883 American Literature Since 1865
- ENG 4113 Shakespeare
- ENG 4133 History of the Novel
- ENG 4783 English Grammar
- ENG 4863 Composition Theory and Practice
One of the following:
Six hours of English electives. (English 4893 may not be used as one of these electives.)
At least 20 hours in the major must be from upper-division courses(3000/4000).
An English major with a Bachelor of Arts in English Education fulfills the requirements of the Oklahoma Standard Certificate to teach language arts in the secondary school.
Note: In addition to the major program, an education degree requires a professional education component (see page 115 of the Academic Catalog for details). For other degree requirements see pages 54-57.