Interdisciplinary Double Major
Major Code: 10
76 Semester Hours
Core Courses (15 hours)
- CHEM 1415 General Chemistry II
- CHEM 3053 Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 3062 Organic Chemistry I Laboratory
- CHEM 3425 Chemical Analysis
Biology Component (38 hours)
- BIOL 1404 Principles of Biology I
- BIOL 1504 Principles of Biology II
- BIOL 2114 Introductory MicroBIOLogy
- BIOL 3404 Genetics
- BIOL 3814 Cell and Molecular Biology
- BIOL 3614 Human Physiology
- BIOL 3624 Human Anatomy
- Ten hours of approved elective Biological Sciences (BIOL, BOT, CONS, and/or ZOOL)
Chemistry Component (38 hours)
- CHEM 1315 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 3153 Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 3162 Organic Chemistry II Laboratory
- CHEM 4115 Biochemistry
- Eight hours of approved elective Chemistry (CHEM)
Additional Support Courses:
- BIOL 4193 / CHEM 4193 (Biochemistry II) and BIOL 4314 / CHEM 4314 (Immunology) are required as either Chemistry or Biology electives.
- BIOL 4980 / CHEM 4951 (Senior Seminar) is required and may be counted in the 76 total hours.
Note: All interdisciplinary double majors will be required to take six hours of mathematics (approved by the advisor) within their first twenty hours of Chemistry.
The double major program is just one component of a baccalaureate degree.