You Are Here:
Home › ADA › Disability Definitions
- Person with a Disability (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990)
- Any person who
- has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
- has a record of such impairment
- is regarded as having such an impairment
- Major Life Activity
- “Major life activity” means functions such as caring for one’s self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, working, major bodily functions, and an impairment that is episodic or in remission.
- A Qualified Individual with a Disability
- An individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable modifications to rules, policies, or practices, the
removal of auxiliary aids and services, meets the essential eligibility requirements for the receipt of services or the
participation in programs or activities provided by a public entity.