CampusConnect Advisement Policy
Talk to an Advisor Before Enrolling with CampusConnect.
Beginning with Spring 2003 enrollment, new SOSU students must be advised before enrolling.
Please contact the Advising Center to make an appointment.
Southeastern faculty and staff believe that the advising process is one of the most important steps in enrolling for classes at Southeastern. An academic advising session consists of a student meeting with an advisor (usually a faculty member or specially-trained staff person) to plan the student’s academic future. By talking to an advisor, students learn to:
- Explore interests and goals related to choosing a major, classes and career
- Develop a personal plan for academic success
- Schedule classes for the current semesters as well as plan for future ones
- Interact with faculty members in their major program
- Access on-campus support services
- Meet SOSU policies and requirements for graduation
Enrolling without seeking advisement is not recommended and can be detrimental to your academic career at Southeastern.
If you are a first time student at SOSU, contact the Advising Center to schedule an appointment with one of their specially-trained counselors.
If you have been to SOSU before, you can: