Counseling Mission Statement
The Counseling Department serves many purposes:
- To provide a safe and therapeutic environment, which is comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, and accessible.
- To maintain confidentiality according to professional standards and state statutes.
- To be proactive in responding to needs, interests, and concerns of a diverse student community.
- To provide a continuum of professional and ethical therapeutic services.
- To offer a variety of programs assisting students in maximizing their educational and social experiences at Southeastern.
- To provide services that encourage the acquisition of skills in becoming proactive, socially responsible and accountable individuals.
- To further the development of responsibility for lifelong health and safety both personally and globally.
- To act as consultants and resources in promoting the holistic development of students.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the Counseling Center on an ongoing basis.
Counseling Services are available to all Southeastern students during the academic year. This service is provided through your tuition.