How do I know what school is right for me? What are general education requirements and do I have to have them? What is a credit hour? Can I attend school part time? Can someone help me with all this paperwork?
- EOC Guidance Specialists work hard to find "the right fit" with each participant and give them all their academic options.
- We can answer all those questions you never knew you had until you started the admissions and enrollment process.
- The only bad question is the one that goes unasked.
What do I want to be when I grow up?
- EOC offers assistance in helping you make the right decision for school by providing paper and computerized career assessments and interpretation.
- COPS, COPES, DISCOVER and the Oklahoma Career Search are some of the many assessments we administer.
Financial Aid Counseling
Can I really afford to go to college?
- EOC can assist you through all the financial aid paperwork including filing a FAFSA on the web for you.
- We also have information about scholarships searches and alternative funding sources.
- We can help you understand the process of applying for and receiving financial aid.
- We can also provide default counseling and assist in situations where their has been a financial aid suspension.
FREE GED, ACT and Admissions/Placement Test Tutoring
Who can help me with preparing for the GED, ACT, or a placement test?
- The EOC can assist qualifying adult students with free tutoring at the main office
- Test prep and tutoring include the GED, ACT, and admissions/placement tests
- Study guides for tests may be available for loan to students being tutored
I feel I'm too old and that I'll feel out of place.
- EOC can assist you with those "adult learner" worries you may have in starting your new college career and restructuring your life. Remember all your concerns are valid and should be addressed.
I need other help, who else do I need to contact?
- EOC Guidance Specialists work hard to collaborate with other social service agencies so they have the most up-to-date information regarding other assistance their participants may need in successful postsecondary enrollment.
EOC provides information through: Group Presentations, Individual Counseling, Seminars and Workshops. We provide other services for those who need extra assistance these can include:
- GED application and preparation & tutoring.
- Self help programs and workshops.
- ACT registration, preparation, and interpretation.
EOC can provide assistance to Veterans and Active Duty students by offering help in planning your transition. Services provided include:
- Financial aid application assistance and understanding GI Bill benefits
- Admissions application assistance and academic planning
- Career counseling, resume assistance and job search preparation
- Financial literacy counseling and debt management