Professor – Legal Studies
former Special Assistant to Academic Affairs and President
former Dean of the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
1405 N. 4th Ave., Science Bldg. Rm 105, PMB 4185
Durant, OK 74701
Campus Ph. 580-745-2622 / Fax 580-745-7504 / E-mail: email@example.com
- Deshler High School: Deshler, Ohio – Graduated 1966
- University of Toledo: Toledo, Ohio - Bachelor of Science in Education, Graduated 1970
- Ohio Northern University: Ada, Ohio – Juris Doctorate, Graduated 1973
- AACSB and ACBSP Leadership, Assessment, Accreditation Conferences ( various 2004 thru 2008)
- NCATE & AACTE Dean and Administrator’s Conference, Summer 2009 (and various conference 2010 thru 2012)
- Harvard School of Educational Management, 2010.
Teaching and Administrative Experience(summary)
- Special Assistant to Academic Affairs and President ( 2012).
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Dean, School of Education and Behavioral Sciences (Spring 2009 to Spring 2012) -Teaching Assignments: Ed. Admin. Public School Law for Educators.
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University, John Massey School of Business Administration (Fall 2002 to2009): Commercial Law, International Law and Business Law.
- Miami University, School of Business Administration(1999 to Summer of 2002): Finance Department, Upham Hall, Oxford, OH – Adjunct and full-time instructor Finance Department – General Business Law (required for all business undergraduates); Commercial Law (required for accounting majors and legal studies minor); International Law (elective course which satisfies Foreign Studies elective); Decedents Estates, Wills & Trust (elective course for undergraduate and graduate levels); Cyber Law (created by Dr. Mawer for undergraduate level).
- Miami University: Luxembourg Campus (Summer 1998): Taught intensive eight week program of Business and International Law with emphasis on comparative Law. Course included appearances before the International Court of Justice (Den Hague). Visits and presentation before the European Court of Justice and visits at the European Center (Luxembourg City).
- Indiana University (East)(1986-1990): Chester Blvd., Richmond, IN 47374 – Adjunct professor, College of Business Administration – Economics (Micro) and Business Law
- Sinclair Community College(1976 to 1986): 3rd Street, Dayton, OH – Part-time instructor in taxation, tax preparation course and taxation for accounting majors.
Married: Wife -Marcia;
Children: Five daughters-Jennifer, Kari, Danielle, Melinda and Ryanne;
Grandchildren:Jack Patrick Denny (New Albany OH) ; Annie Joy & Grace Rae Osborne (U.S. Embasssy – Mexico City); Steven Everett & Katherine Anne Virtel (St. Louis MO); Tyler Eedward.and Morgan Katherine. Ferris (Upper Arlington, OH); Max Houston Gentry (Columbus, Oh)
Hobbies and Interests: Downhill Skiing; Hunting; Jogging; Woodworking.
Professional and Legal(summary)
- General Practice of Law: Eaton, Ohio 45320: 1973 to 2002
Civil litigation, personal injury, taxation, estate planning, decedents estates, wills and trusts, guardianships; real estate, title insurance, various banks and lending institutions, and insurance carriers.
- State of Ohio Board of Education: Columbus, OH: 1972 to 2002)
An impartial hearing officer – Public Law 94-142 ( for Southwestern Ohio)
- Admitted to Practice Law: State of Ohio(1973), Federal District Court for Southern and Northern Ohio(1975), and Eastern District of Texas (2004), U.S. Supreme Court(2001),State of Oklahoma (2003); State of Texas (2004), and Internal Revenue Service (1973).
- Additional Experience: Judge Pro-Tempore of Eaton Municipal Court, Municipal Prosecutor for the Villages, Special Prosecutor for Preble County, Ohio, Elected Eaton City Schools Board of Education (Two Terms, President -1985 & 1987)) member of the American Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, Preble County Bar Association (President 1980-81), Oklahoma Bar Association, and Texas Bar Association.
- Memberships and Affiliations : The Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Southern Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Editor in Chief of Southern Law Journal (2003 to 2009), Oklahoma State Board of Regents Advisory Committee for Business Law and Legal Studies (2002 to 2009), University Graduate Studies Faculty Committee (Chair, 2007 to 2009), University Assessment Specialist (2002 to 2007), Assessment Coordinator for School of Business ( 2002 to 2009), NCATE (now CAEP); AACTE, and numerous other professional and academic organizations.