I've Been Admitted, Now What?
Congratulations on being admitted to Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Now that you have completed the admission process there are a few more steps you need to complete before classes start.
- Advisement - In order to enroll in any classes at Southeastern you must first visit with an Academic Advisor to clear the advising hold on your account. If you have less than 60 earned college hours you can contact the Academic Advising and Outreach Center to schedule an appointment; if you have greater than 60 earned hours then you will need to contact an advisor in the department you are planning to major in.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is money, or the opportunity to earn money, which helps students attend the college or university of their choice. The Financial Aid Office at Southeastern Oklahoma State University offers several types of financial aid including grants and loans and offers help with completing the FAFSA, Veteran Affairs issues, OHLAP and many other types of financial aid offered to students.
Housing - Southeastern Oklahoma State University is home to over 500 students. Residence Halls are more that just a place to sleep and keep your things. They are communities that provide an exciting living and learning environment. Our four residential facilities, including one apartment style complex, meet the needs of everybody. From hall government to intramural sports and study sessions, there are many ways to get involved. You will make lifelong friends and will discover a variety of opportunities.
Click here to visit the Residence Life Website to find out more information about living on campus and our Freshman Residency Requirement.
After you have enrolled you can:
- Expect to receive information regarding Fall Preview - Be treated like a star with all the information you will need to be a successful student and let our Savage Storm Leaders introduce you to current students, faculty, staff, and organization members.
- Purchase books for your classes for our campus bookstore.
- Pick up a campus map and find your all your classes.
- Sign into CampusConnect and find your new student id number and search for other available classes.