To access our subscription Databases from a remote location you must first log-in to our Proxy Server by going to the Proxy Server Log-In page
Instructions for Log-in
To access the proxy server for Students:
- The username is formed by putting in the first letter of your first name, your entire last name, and the last two digits of your student id number.
- Your password is created by using your eight digit birthdate. So if your birthdate was July 6, 1988, then your password would be 07061988 the first time you log-in. After that you will be prompted to change your password.
If you put in your username and eight-digit birthdate for your password and you cannot get in, then do the following:
- Go to CampusConnect
- Log-in to Campus Connect
- Your student ID is your SE ID number or your social security number
- Your password is your eight digit birth date
- Once in Campus Connect there is a tab at the top center of the page called Student Info. Click on this.
- The second link on this menu will be Change your lab PC/Student Network Password.
- Click on this link.
- Type in your password twice and then click on Change Password. The system updates passwords every fifteen minutes. So you may have to wait about 15 minutes for your password change to take effect.
- Once your password has been changed, go back to the Proxy server link.
- Click on this link again and then reenter your username and put in your new password. You should be allowed access.
If you still cannot get in, then call Dennis Miles at (580) 745-2396
To access the proxy server for Faculty/Staff:
- Use the same username and password you use to log in to the SE network.
What is a Proxy Server?
It’s a way for remote users to gain access to databases they would otherwise have to be on campus to access.
A proxy server lets remote users access databases where access is limited to a range of IP addresses, such as 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. A proxy server resides on a server that is within the IP address range the database vendor has. A person trying to access these databases via the proxy server will gain access because the server IP address is within the range the vender has.
For more information on Proxy Servers, please consult the following website: Webopedia: What is a Proxy Server?