By UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS
DURANT, Okla. – Scholarship recipients were recognized Tuesday afternoon at the October meeting of the McCurtain County Higher Education Board of Trustees Advisory Council. The council serves in an advisory role to the Southeastern Oklahoma State University McCurtain County Campus.
The scholarship recipients are as follows (totaling more than $8,500):
- Jack and Linda Bell Scholarship — Katy Furneaux
- Tom and Betty Bagwell Scholarship — Jeremie Jackman
- SE Golf Classic Scholarship — Sarah Dinger, Brittan Raines, and Jasmine Thomas
- SE McCurtain County Scholarship — Kendra Cody and Nicky Slabaugh
- Weyerhaeuser, Seitz, Dansby Memorial Scholarship — Kayln Bacon
- Dr. C. Henry and Jackye Gold Scholarship — Skyler Virgin
Southeastern president Sean Burrage and Vice President for Academic Affairs Bryon Clark also attended the meeting and offered reports to the group.
Kendra Gross serves as director of the Southeastern McCurtain County Campus.
Jimmy Tucker serves as chair of the nine-member Advisory Council.
The Council’s next meeting is scheduled for Nov. 28 at 4 p.m. in the E.T. Dunlap Building in Idabel.