Meeting minutes for August 6 meeting (Printer Friendly)
Call to order: 2:03pm
Introduction of SSA Executive Council by Dyanna Bowen
Introduction of President Burrage
- Spoke about 3.5% cut which is $693,000
- 2 million deficit
- Raised tuition by 5%
- New Director of Marketing-Larry Acker
- How to bring general awareness to new employees and current of SSA-ideas, such as an SE mug.
- Personal call
- New hire orientation-once a year or more
- List once a month from HR of new hires and make a call-someone from hiring department.
- Take them to lunch
Make everyone aware of the Care Team, when making them aware of SSA. Informed everyone to email by Penny Bridwell about care team.
- Donations for SSA
- Fundraising ideas-adult Easter egg hunt, passing something around from office to office and paying to get rid of it, such as, a clown for homecoming.
- Plant sale
- New Business
- Homecoming Oct. 2-3-Circus theme-Greatest Place on Earth
- Future of SE-kids for homecoming parade. Christala Smith?
- Pictures for online directory.
- Telecommunications take pictures.
- Pictures are for identification purposes.
- Dan set up at faculty/staff campus address.
- Penny Bridwell made a motion to for everyone to have pictures taken.
- Teena Harlin made a second motion.
- Motion carried.
- Backpack Program-FFF
- Would like to form a salary review committee
- Form a committee to contact sister institutions to see how they handle salaries.
- Possible step raises for years of service.
- There is not increase for completing advanced degree.
- Tuition waivers for graduate programs for staff are taxed.
Penny Bridwell made a motion to adjourn meeting.
Teresa made a second motion.
Meeting adjourned at 2:43pm