Southeastern will be a leader and innovator in higher education.
Strong academic and student life programs with a solid liberal arts and sciences foundation will characterize the University. Areas such as diversity, globalization, uniqueness, and cultural richness will be distinctive features of the institution.
- Promote student enrichment experiences
- Expand beyond our regional image
- Optimize the learning environment
- Enhance collaboration and partnerships
Five Strategic Goals
By 2015, SOSU will have validated academic programs, based on a strong liberal arts and sciences core, which meet the changing demands of the 21st century through the recruitment and retention of highly qualified, diverse faculty that stays current in their field through active scholarship.
- Program validation will be through external accreditations, competitions, nation benchmarking, assessment, and other types of recognition.
- The faculty, staff, and administration will work with the student body to enhance Southeastern's strengths of connectedness and familial relationships by emphasizing personal attention to the individual needs of all parties.
- Academic excellence will facilitate the recruitment of a well-qualified student body and the acquisition of external resources.
- Seventy five percent of all courses taught and credit hours produced within each school will be taught by full-time faculty.
- Faculty, staff, administration and students will work to create an educational culture that supports civic engagement through community based problem solving.
Diversity and Cultural Competence
By 2015, Southeastern will have established a nurturing environment and programming that attracts, actively recruits, and retains a university community of faculty, staff, and students with diverse national, ethnic, and racial backgrounds
By 2015, Southeastern will have made major progress in developing a "state of the art" campus to meet the teaching/learning goals of the university.
By 2015, Southeastern will double its resources from private funding sources, grants and contracts, and collaboration/partnerships with external constituents. Moreover, Southeastern's academic programs and their support areas will be the principal driving force for the allocation of resources to deliver all programs at a level which encourages national recognition.
Recruitment and Retention
By 2015, Southeastern will increase its enrollment to 5000 by optimizing recruitment/retention strategies and by expanding its mission beyond its traditional service area through alternative delivery formats and new delivery sites.