Aviation – Professional Pilot Program
Application and Acceptance Procedure
The Fall 2023 Professional Pilot Class has been selected; the application window for Fall 2024 will open July 2023. Priority deadline is January 15, 2024.
To submit for the Professional Pilot program, START by applying to Southeastern Oklahoma State University (www.se.edu/apply/). AFTER completing the online university application, provide the following documents:
*Documents may be uploaded directly into your online application account.
- Previous institutional transcripts (High school and College)
- SAT/ACT scores
- Submit FAA Class 1 Medical (faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/).
- Write a minimum 1-page essay indicating why you want to be a professional pilot and why you want to be a part of the Southeastern Professional Pilot program.
- Write a Resume highlighting your scholastic, leadership, and responsibility accomplishments.
Once all documents are uploaded, they will then be reviewed by Southeastern Admissions and the Aviation Department.
For any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 580-745-3252.
Factors Affecting Acceptance info the Professional Pilot Program
Southeastern is interested in creating the highest quality aviation education possible for its students. We are most interested in accepting students who have the highest aptitude and the highest chances of succeeding in the aviation industry as a professional pilot. While having piloting experience is not necessarily a requirement indicating success, it certainly has some weight. Other factors also include a student’s character and their leadership skills from high school or a job. Our job is to turn our students into successful and competent pilots! We use a selection committee of aviation faculty members completing an evaluation Rubric to objectively evaluate students in comparison to other applicants.
The following represents some of the factors which might result in getting the highest probability of program acceptance:
- Applicants must be admitted to Southeastern for consideration in the Professional Pilot program.
- Applicants who have properly completed all the application steps will receive the highest scores.
- Applicants who are in Southeastern’s “Honors” and “President’s Leadership Class” programs may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have demonstrated leadership in high school activities, Scouts, or other organizations may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have demonstrated leadership roles in team sports may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have shown responsibility in employment may receive a higher score
- Applicants who submit an impressive Resume may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have high ACT or SAT scores may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who already have an FAA First Class Medical will receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have some pilot experience will receive a higher score.
- Applicants who have already soloed or completed their Private Pilot certificate prior to applying may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who submit an impressive essay on why they want to be a professional pilot may receive a higher score.
- Applicants who submit impressive reference letters written on their behalf may receive a higher score.