COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Last updated March 8, 2021
From the Oklahoma State Department of Health: “With three COVID-19 vaccines available and a steadily increasing supply, we are now able to open up eligibility to all phase 3 priority groups. Starting at midnight on 3-8-2021, new appointments for phase 3 will post to the portal.
Phase 3 includes:
- Teachers, students, residents and administrative staff in educational settings outside PreK-12, including but not limited to:
- Childcare facilities, early childhood facilities, colleges, universities, career/vocational technology centers, and other post-secondary institutions as may be eligible for the vaccine (e.g. if the vaccine is approved for appropriate ages less than 18 years to receive the vaccine.)
- Critical infrastructure personnel (“essential business/industry” personnel) as specified in the Governor’s 3rd executive order. Description: Workers who are at high risk of exposure to, transmission of, and morbidity and mortality resulting from COVID infection.
We encourage all eligible Oklahomans to register and make an appointment for the vaccine as soon as possible. To view the list of essential industries and learn if you’re eligible visit the link below.”
The Bryan County Health Department is inviting individuals who are “is currently in the beginning stages of Phase 2 of the vaccination distribution process, vaccinating Oklahoma residents and workforce personnel who are first responders, healthcare workers, ages 65 and older, individuals with comorbidities, and teachers.” For a more detailed description of the Phases and tiers within each Phase, see the link below to COVID-19 Vaccine Priority Population Framework for Oklahoma. If you fit into the approved Phase and tier category and you would like to receive the vaccine, please click on the link below and register for an appointment. These spaces have been filling up quickly so don’t hesitate to register. The Bryan County Health Department will be giving these vaccines in Bryan County at the Choctaw Nation Event Center as well as other locations and dates throughout the state.
Please do not show up at the Choctaw Nation Event Center without first making an appointment.
For a detailed description of the Phases within the COVID-19 Vaccine Priority Population Framework, please click the link below:
If you have difficulty, the link can also be viewed through the Bryan County Health Department of Oklahoma Facebook page:
Appointments are now available to current CNHSA patients with a Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card, as well as anyone in their household 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old are able to receive the Pfizer vaccine, which is given at our Talihina location.
A call center is available if you have a question about coronavirus (COVID-19), including testing criteria. Callers can reach the CNHSA coronavirus call center Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by calling 866-536-2766.
The COVID-19 vaccine is currently limited due to availability and priority of vaccination for certain populations. The Chickasaw Nation is moving rapidly to assure that in time we will have COVID-19 vaccine available to anyone requesting a vaccine. At this time, however, the COVID-19 vaccine is currently being offered to the following priority groups from the Chickasaw Nation Department of Health (CNDH).
Age restrictions for all priority groups include 16+ for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 18+ for the Moderna vaccine.
- A Chickasaw Citizen
- A family member of a Chickasaw Citizen
- An eligible Chickasaw Nation Department of Health (CNDH) patient
- A family member of a CNDH patient
- A Chickasaw Nation employee
- A family member of a Chickasaw Nation employee
- A CNDH contractor, vendor or volunteer
- An educator (teachers at any grade-level or education facility, including child care teachers, vocational instructors, university and college educators, adult learning teachers, etc.)
- A family member of an educator
- Special Invitation *Eligible patient in receipt of an official invitation to vaccination
Walmart, Sam’s Club, CVS and Walgreens all indicate that they are following the guidelines for each state where their vaccines are available. Some do not yet have a link for their Oklahoma locations and may only be available to our Texas resident personnel.