Distinguished Alumni Award Guidelines for Publication
- Nominees must be graduates of or former students at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
- To be considered are the nominees’ outstanding personal/professional achievements and/or extraordinary/unique service contributions which bring recognition and honor to the University.
- Nominees will not be eligible for consideration if:
- They are employees of Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- They are a member of the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- They are a member of the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Foundation Board of Directors
All above mentioned are not eligible to be considered for the award until twelve (12 months) after their employment or service ends with the following exception regarding the twelve months: An exception MAY be allowed for terminal illness or other urgent medical condition(s) deemed worthy of special consideration by the committee.
- The nominator must be an individual other than the nominee. The nominator must be an individual who is not a family member of the nominee.
- A complete nomination packet, completed by the nominator, shall be submitted to the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Alumni Office by April 30th each year. A complete nomination packet includes the following:
- Nomination Form
- No fewer than three (3) letters of recommendation. One (1) letter of recommendation from the nominator is required, plus two (2) additional letters of recommendation. Additional letters are not required but are encouraged.
- Resume of Nominee
- Acknowledgment of receipt shall be sent to the person submitting the complete nomination packet.
- Receipt of nomination is defined as: If sent electronically, it must be dated no later than April 30. If sent through postal service, it must be postmarked no later than April 30. Ten (10) full calendar days will be allowed for the mail to arrive. Therefore, anything received after May 10 will not be considered for the current year but will be kept in line for consideration the following three (3) years.
- Nominees’ names and applications will remain on file with the Awards Committee and be eligible for consideration for a total of three (3) years including the year of submission providing it arrives in time for consideration the year of submission.
- Recipients will be notified/congratulated first by the University President once they are formally approved by the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Alumni Board of Directors.
- Recipients will be honored during annual Homecoming activities. The official recognition will be during the Homecoming Alumni Banquet and on the football field prior to the game.
- Once a nominee has been considered for three (3) years and not selected, the nominator shall be notified by the Alumni Director/Coordinator that their nominee has rolled off the active list, but may be re-nominated.