2 -year extension of post-completion OPT for students with a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) degree. A qualified student may apply for an extension of OPT while in a valid period of post-completion OPT. The extension will be for an additional 24 months, if all of the following requirements are met.
- Currently be on post-completion 12-month OPT
- Have a degree in an eligible STEM field from a SEVP-certified school.
- Must have job offer from an employer registered with E-verify.
- Select a STEM OPT employer that provides the student with formal training and learning objectives directly related to field of study.
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week per employer.
Applying or STEM OPT:
- Completed Form I-765
- Completed Form G-1145
- I-765 filing fee: Money order/cashier’s check of $410 made out to ‘US Department of Homeland Security’
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of your I-94
- Copies of OPT I-20s
- 2 passport photos (write name and I-94 number on the back)
- Social Security card (if applicable)
- Copy of EAD card
- Copy of diploma or official transcripts
- Form I-983 Training Agreement
- Statement from employer
- On letterhead explaining how current job/position relates to your STEM major.
For U.S. Postal Services (USPS) Deliveries:
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
For Express Mail Courier Deliveries:
Attn: NFB AOS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75067
*For extensive information on STEM OPT please visit the USCIS website.