Graduate Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to the School of Graduate and University Studies at Southeastern Oklahoma State University, the applicant must submit the following items to the Graduate Office:
- A completed Application for Admission form to graduate study.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended, including graduate and undergraduate work, and documentation of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Application fee: $25.00 US Students – $65.00 International Students
The Application for Graduate Admission may be completed online or obtained by contacting the Graduate Office at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Once the completed application, appropriate transcripts, and additional documents (if applicable) have been submitted to the Graduate Office, the applicant will be considered for admission.
In order to be considered for admission to the School of Graduate Studies at Southeastern Oklahoma State University, the applicant must: (1) have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, (2) meet one of the following criteria of academic standing:
A. An undergraduate overall grade-point average of 2.75 (3.00 for MBA),
B. An undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.00 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work,
C. Two years of experience, approved by the program coordinator, in the proposed graduate field of study (must be able to provide documentation),
D. Six graduate hours (9 graduate hours for MBA) in the proposed field of study or related field at another accredited institution with at least a 3.00 overall grade-point average based on a 4.00 scale, OR
E. Scores on an appropriate nationally recognized battery of tests (Graduate Records Examination [GRE] or a similar test approved by the Graduate Dean) which would place the applicant at or above the seventy-fifth percentile of college graduates.
International Application and Admissions Requirements:
Please note, unfortunately, students with an F-1 visa are ineligible for online programs.
- Complete the application. There is a non-refundable $65 application fee.
- Academic Records:
- Original final post-secondary transcript(s) from each college or university attended within the United States.
- Post-secondary records from outside the U.S. must be course-by-course analyzed by a NACES (www.NACES.org) educational credential evaluation service such as IERF or WES or ECE.
- English Proficiency: Internet-based TOEFL score of 79 or an IELTS Academic score of 6.5; taken within 2 years of enrollment.
- For TOEFL, have your score report sent to Southeastern (institution code: 6657).
- For IELTS, let us know your TRF number.
- You do not need TOEFL or IELTS scores if you meet one of the following:
- English is your first language from a country whose official language is English
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university
- You have a bachelor’s degree from an English speaking country
Official sealed transcripts from all previous institutions should be sent to Southeastern Oklahoma State University:
Southeastern Oklahoma State University/Registrar
425 W. University Blvd.
Durant, OK 74701-3347