SOUTHEASTERN IS STILL HERE FOR YOU!
Illness Reporting Form I COVID-19 Health Screening Protocol
Last updated July 11, 2022
SE provides routine campus updates to our pandemic response. Click here for the most current updates. Student Wellness Services is here to serve the campus community with services and resources to promote you being personally and academically successful. This is a resource we have created to explore the options available to keep you well during this pandemic. Some resources are local, some are national. The CDC should continue to be the best source for ongoing national guidance. You may also dial 211 on your phone to see if you have access to this valuable resource in your community to direct you to important social services during this pandemic.
Durant Area Specific Resources
Bolt Food Pantry: Running low on groceries? A campus food pantry is set up for faculty, staff and students. This is located in the Glen D. Johnson Student Union Wellness Center on the first floor, north end. Food stuffs can be picked up inside the men’s and women’s lockers rooms or check with the staff in the Wellness Center if you are looking for a specific item and they can check in storage. Call Student Wellness Services at 580-745-2988 if you have questions we may assist with answering.
Internet Resources: Some common places to find wifi are schools (including SE), hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, libraries, convenience stores, city buildings, public parks, and hospitals.
- FREE wifi in Durant, OK
- Bliss Boutique 132 W. Main St
- Choctaw Casino and Resort
- Hot Shots 2832 W. University Blvd
- Blake’s Coffee 1426 W. University Blvd
- Opera House Coffee 202 W. Evergreen
- Love’s Country Stores 1223 N. 1st St
- Love’s Country Stores 524 W. Main St
- Taco Casa 324 N. 1st St
- McDonald’s 2227 W. Main St
- Walmart 3712 W. Main St
- Taco Bell 206 West Side Dr
- Jack in the Box 2117 W. Main St
- Wendy’s 2420 W. Main St
- Whataburger 3505 W. Main St
- Durant Main Street Organization
- Alliance Health 1800 W. University Blvd
- LaQuinta Inn 417 Criswell Blvd
- Holiday Inn 613 University Pl
- Quality Inn 2112 W. Main St
- Econo Lodge 2121 W. Main St
Student Health Services: Students needing health services may call 580-745-2988 and schedule an appointment.
Texoma Pandemic Partners: Renamed Durant Community Partners as COVID response slows, this Facebook group assists the community with addressing critical personal needs and individuals volunteering to assist meet those needs.
Resources: There are a number of resources in the Durant area if you are in need. Please click here for the list.
Are you curious about your emotional well-being and identifying ways to improve your life? Learn to Live offers FREE online programs and tools that can help you improve your mental health. Help is just a click away. Visit Learn to Live and enter the code SAVAGESTORM.
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel, overcome, relate, empower SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the tabs a the top to explore different wellness resources.
- CDC resource on Stress and Coping during COVID
- LGBTQ (Trevor Project) Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- Man Therapy – explore men’s mental health resources
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: If you are experiencing emotional distress related to COVID-19, or any natural disaster, please call the disaster distress helpline at 1-800-985-5990.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Mental Health Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Sexual Assault Helpline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 741741
- Sunshine Behavioral Health provides information on how to receive treatment for different issues
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Home Guidance
- Face Cloth Covering Guidance
- How To Protect Yourself and Others
- Campus Well E-Magazine prosper SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the money tab.
- Food Pantries across America
- Broadway Streaming
- Campus Well E-Magazine learn, overcome, prosper SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the academics tab.
- Duolingo: You may download the free app or use the free webpage to learn that language you will need for study abroad or personal adventures.
- H.G. Bennett Memorial Library: Engage in a chat with a librarian, during normal business hours, on their home page. After hours? Click on the box to email a librarian and they will get back to you. You can also access video tutorials on how to use the resources available to you. Online resources available to you include ebooks, ejournals, and libguides. Won’t you dare to be wise?
- SE Learning Center Tutoring: They offer face-to-face and virtual tutoring options and a wealth of other academic success enhancements. Check them out!
- Library of Congress: Best of the national book festival daily events
- Reading for free: Check out a book that is not a required text and explore something different. Enjoy!
- SafeColleges for Students: Access this free training platform for SE students by logging in with your username (ex: jsmith01 from your email address) and password (first 5 letters of your username). The menu on the left you can scroll down until you come to extra training. You can choose from Study Skills training, Time Management training, and a wealth of COVID trainings on a wide array of topics from household preparation to managing stress and anxiety.
- SE Student Support Services Tutoring: Additional tutoring resources are available through this campus resource. If you need tutoring, contact their office at 580-745-2574.
Parenting/Resources for Fun
- Emotional Well-Being Support for Children: Trauma experts talk about how to support you and your children during COVID and offer resources to do just that.
- Free Virtual Field Trips: Allowing children to visit the world without leaving their home.
- Good Night with Dolly: Dolly Parton’s youtube channel has bedtime stories read by the lady herself d.uring this time.
- Julie’s Library: Download the podcast to have Julie Andrews (that’s right, Mary Poppins!!) read to your children.
- LaVar Burton Reads podcast
- Library of Congress: Take a tour of the national library and meet up weekly for art classes and readings by Dav Pilkey, Captain Underpants author.
- London Globe Theatre: Online teaching resources, courses & workshops for all ages.
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- Pandemic Toolkit: This article discusses how you can support your children emotionally during the COVID event. You can also click on Dr. Bruce Perry’s name in the content to view his website with a wealth of parenting resources under the “more” tab.
- Paper Trail Designs: Fun, free printable I Spy’s for families
- Rockettes: @therocketts on Instagram host dance instruction and other fun dance content
- Science Experiments: A list of 63 experiments you can do with household items.
- Story Time: Children’s books read by various individuals at different times scheduled throughout the day.
- U.S. National Park Virtual Tours: Experience all the public lands our beautiful nation has to offer.
- Bristol Myers Squibb: The pharmaceutical company has expanded their patient assistance program during COVID to offer free medicines to those left in need of their medications during COVID. Please use this resource if you have a need.
- Campus Well E-Magazine move, eat, sleep better SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the body and food tabs.
- Campus Well Self-Care Guide: A quick reference for common health questions and emergencies facing students today.
- CDC Self-Checker: Scroll to it on the main page for real-time guidance to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Food Pantries across America
- Oklahoma Coronavirus Testing through Health Departments
- Poison Control Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Campus Well E-Magazine relate SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the relationships tab.
- Nod: Download the app for FREE during COVID to discover how you can stay socially connected during the pandemic.
- Socially Distant Fest: Facebook group for individuals to utilize as a creative outlet. Watch people perform, or perform yourself!
- Student Government Association Meetings: During the fall and spring semesters, meetings will be Thursdays @ 6:00pm.
- Join us on Zoom: ID 920-2175-4522
- The Shows Must Go On: Virtual Andrew Lloyd Webber productions available on a play schedule for viewing through youtube.
- Virtual Historic Home Tours: Bet you could get some serious social distancing done in these historic homes. Check them out and maybe add a visit to your list when this is all over!
- For a current list of campus ministries registered as organizations with SE visit the Student Life page for information and contact them for details regarding meetings times and dates.
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the mind tab to see the spirituality subtab.
- Koru Mindfulness