SOUTHEASTERN IS STILL HERE FOR YOU!
Last updated August 3, 2020
We are here to serve the campus community with services and resources to promote you being academically successful. This is a perfect time to explore all the options available to keep you well during this pandemic. Some resources are local, some are national. The CDC should continue to be the best source for ongoing national guidance. You may also dial 211 on your phone to see if you have access to this valuable resource in your community to direct you to important social services during this pandemic.
Campus Food Pantry: Running low on groceries? Need a few staple items? Call Student Wellness Services at 580-745-2988 and leave a message. Someone will get back with you about setting up a visit to the pantry for some necessities.
Durant Area Chamber of Commerce: The Chamber resource page has links to important information for small business owners and offers links to restaurants offering curb-side service and other local merchants you can support without visit the store. Please, if you can, support local small business. They are an important part of #OurDurant
Student Health Services: Students needing health services may call 580-745-2988 and leave a message for someone to call back for assistance. For more about online options, review the physical wellness tab below.
Texoma Pandemic Partners: Facebook group to assist the community with addressing critical personal needs and individuals volunteering to assist meet those needs.
Are you curious about your emotional well-being and identifying ways to improve your life? Learn to Live offers FREE online programs and tools that can help you improve your mental health. Help is just a click away. Visit Learn to Live and enter the code SAVAGESTORM.
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel, overcome, relate, empower SE! Open the link or download and click on the feel, overcome, relate and empower tabs.
- CDC resource on Stress and Coping during COVID
- LGBTQ (Trevor Project) Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: If you are experiencing emotional distress related to COVID-19, please call the disaster distress helpline, 1-800-985-5990.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Mental Health Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Sexual Assault Helpline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 741741
- Sanvello app: Offered FREE during COVID-19 to support your emotional health
- Sunshine Behavioral Health provides information on how to receive treatment for different issues
- Broadway Streaming
- Broadway World: Several virtual experiences to offer creative food for the mind and soul.
- Campus Well E-Magazine learn, overcome, prosper SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the learn, overcome, and prosper tabs.
- Duolingo: You may download the app or use the webpage to learn that language you will need when we can finally travel again!
- H.G. Bennett Memorial Library: Engage in a chat with a librarian, during normal business hours, on their home page. After hours? Click on the box to email a librarian and they will get back to you. You can also access video tutorials on how to use the resources available to you. Online resources available to you include ebooks, ejournals, and libguides. Won’t you dare to be wise?
- Learning Center Tutoring: Fall hours coming soon!
- Library of Congress: Best of the national book festival daily events
- London Globe Theatre: Watch some Shakespeare….from your couch?! Yes, please!
- Project TEACH: Coffee Break; Thursdays 10:00am; Join us on Zoom
- Reading for free: Check out a book that is not a required text and explore something different. Enjoy!
- SafeColleges for Students: Access this free training platform for SE students by logging in with your username (ex: jsmith01 from your email address) and password (first 5 letters of your username). The menu on the left you can scroll down until you come to extra training. You can choose from Study Skills training, Time Management training, and a wealth of COVID trainings on a wide array of topics from household preparation to managing stress and anxiety.
- Student Support Services Q&A; Thursdays 2:00pm; Join us on Zoom
- Student Support Services Tutoring:
Mondays and Wednesdays 4pm to 6pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 959 6524 2001
Tuesdays and Thursdays pm to 9pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 985 6524 2001
- Accounting and Computers in Society
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1pm to 5pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 833 4352 2358
Monday through Thursday 5:30pm to 8pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 766 1832 6850
- Statistics for Behavioral Sciences
By appointment only
- Math with John Jackson
Mondays and Wednesdays
1pm Zoom Meeting ID: 893 5907 1696
2pm Zoom Meeting ID: 893 7010 5848
3pm Zoom Meeting ID: 829 9469 1657
Tuesdays and Thursdays
4pm Zoom Meeting ID: 881 3221 4789
5pm Zoom Meeting ID: 838 3407 3765
6pm Zoom Meeting ID: 830 2344 3090
- Math with David Kirschner III
Mondays through Thursdays
9am Zoom Meeting ID: 839 2805 2761
10am Zoom Meeting ID: 8476812 8865
11am Zoom Meeting ID: 818 5673 6820
- Math with Anja Rodic
Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am to 10am
Zoom Meeting ID: 868 2362 4020
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 6pm to 9pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 871 7890 8604
- Math with Taneem Nazim
Monday through Thursday 6pm to 9pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 966 265 0831
- Any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
- Learning Center Tutoring:
Socially distant in-person or online tutoring available for all courses. Contact the Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-745-2990 for more information and/or schedule an appointment.
Socially distant in-person or online tutoring available for freshman/sophomore level courses up through calculus I. Contact the Learning Center at email@example.com or 580-745-2990 for more information and/or schedule an appointment.
- Emotional Well-Being Support for Children: Trauma experts talk about how to support you and your children during COVID and offer resources to do just that.
- Free Virtual Field Trips: Allowing children to visit the world without leaving their home.
- Good Night with Dolly: Dolly Parton’s youtube channel has bedtime stories read by the lady herself during this time.
- Julie’s Library: Download the podcast to have Julie Andrews (that’s right, Mary Poppins) read to you in the coming weeks during COVID.
- LaVar Burton Reads podcast
- Library of Congress: Take a tour of the national library and meet up weekly for art classes and readings by Dav Pilkey, Captain Underpants author.
- London Globe Theatre: Watch Shakespeare and tour the theatre.
- Museum Virtual Tours: See some of the best the art world has to offer. Turn on a relaxing sound track while you peruse these fine collections.
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- Pandemic Toolkit: This article discusses how you can support your children emotionally during the COVID event. You can also click on Dr. Bruce Perry’s name in the content to view his website with a wealth of parenting resources under the “more” tab.
- Paper Trail Designs: Fun, free printable I Spy’s for families
- Prevent Child Abuse America: Tips and resources for staying connected during COVID 19.
- Rockettes free dance classes: @therocketts on Instagram will host noon (EST) dance classes live every Thursday
- Science Experiments: A list of 63 experiments you can do with household items.
- Story Time: Children’s books read by various individuals at different times scheduled throughout the day.
- U.S. National Park Virtual Tours: Experience all the public lands our beautiful nation has to offer.
- Bristol Myers Squibb: The pharmaceutical company has expanded their patient assistance program during COVID to offer free medicines to those left in need of their medications during COVID. Please use this resource if you have a need.
- Campus Well E-Magazine move, eat, sleep better SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the move, eat, and sleep tabs.
- Campus Well Self-Care Guide: A quick reference for common health questions and emergencies facing students today.
- CDC Self-Checker: Scroll to it on the main page for real-time guidance to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Food Pantries across America
- Oklahoma Coronavirus Hotline: 877-215-8336; Hours: 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday) & 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Call here if you have questions, concerns, or you think you may have symptoms and need a primary care provider.
- Oklahoma Coronavirus Testing through Health Departments
- Poison Control Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Take Control Initiative: Resources to assist with getting your birth control shipped directly to you during this time.
- Campus Well E-Magazine relate SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the relate tab.
- Census 2020: Mark civic duty off your list this pandemic season. Hurry time is running out to get this item marked off the list!
- Durant Main Street: Facebook feed currently includes “Making it with Main Street”. Lot of talent, crafts, etc being demonstrated for all their followers.
- Nod: Download the app for FREE during COVID to discover how you can stay socially connected during the pandemic.
- Office of Student Life Daily Challenges: Every Monday – Friday
- Follow us on Twitter (@SEOSL) to participate in our daily challenges!
- Socially Distant Fest: Facebook group for individuals to utilize as a creative outlet. Watch people perform, or perform yourself!
- Student Government Association Meetings:Thursdays 7:00pm
- Join us on Zoom: ID 675-934-187
- The Shows Must Go On: Virtual Andrew Lloyd Webber productions available on a play schedule for viewing through youtube.
- Virtual Historic Home Tours: Bet you could get some serious social distancing done in these historic homes. Check them out and maybe add a visit to your list when this is all over!
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries Crossroads: Every Thursday, 8:00pm
- Join us on Facebook Live (Southeastern BCM) or Instagram Live (@realsebcm)
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the feel tab.
- Koru Mindfulness FREE un-class
- For More Information on resources available to you: click here to download
- For a primer on how to use the APP: click here to download
- Student Bible Center Bible Study: Every Thursday
- Join us on Facebook (SE SBC) or Instagram (@SE.SBC)
- Tao: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, they want to offer FREE access to their platform for 90-days to deal with worry and anxiety. They have a full menu to mindfulness exercises available.