SOUTHEASTERN IS STILL HERE FOR YOU!
Last updated August 3, 2020
We are here to serve the campus community with services and resources to promote you being academically successful. This is a perfect time to explore all the options available to keep you well during this pandemic. Some resources are local, some are national. The CDC should continue to be the best source for ongoing national guidance. You may also dial 211 on your phone to see if you have access to this valuable resource in your community to direct you to important social services during this pandemic.
Campus Food Pantry: Running low on groceries? Need a few staple items? Call Student Wellness Services at 580-745-2988 and leave a message. Someone will get back with you about setting up a visit to the pantry for some necessities.
Durant Area Chamber of Commerce: The Chamber resource page has links to important information for small business owners and offers links to restaurants offering curb-side service and other local merchants you can support without visit the store. Please, if you can, support local small business. They are an important part of #OurDurant
Internet Resources: Some common places to find wifi are hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, libraries, convenience stores, city buildings, public parks, and hospitals.
- Internet Providers in Durant, OK
- Vyve Broadband 855-367-8983
- 360 Communications 855-328-5099
- Loftis Satellite 580-924-6161
- Cherokee Communications 580-434-5375
- AT&T 800-288-2020
- Sprint 866-275-1411
- Verizon Wireless 800-225-5499
- FREE wifi in Durant, OK
- Bliss Boutique 132 W. Main St
- Choctaw Casino and Resort
- Hot Shots 2832 W. University Blvd
- Blake’s Coffee 1426 W. University Blvd
- Opera House Coffee 202 W. Evergreen
- Love’s Country Stores 1223 N. 1st St
- Love’s Country Stores 524 W. Main St
- Taco Casa 324 N. 1st St
- McDonald’s 2227 W. Main St
- Walmart 3712 W. Main St
- Taco Bell 206 West Side Dr
- Jack in the Box 2117 W. Main St
- Wendy’s 2420 W. Main St
- Whataburger 3505 W. Main St
- Durant Main Street Organization
- Alliance Health 1800 W. University Blvd
- LaQuinta Inn 417 Criswell Blvd
- Holiday Inn 613 University Pl
- Quality Inn 2112 W. Main St
- Econo Lodge 2121 W. Main St
Student Health Services: Students needing health services may call 580-745-2988 and leave a message for someone to call back for assistance. For more about online options, review the physical wellness tab below.
Texoma Pandemic Partners: Facebook group to assist the community with addressing critical personal needs and individuals volunteering to assist meet those needs.
Resources: There are a number of resources in the Durant area if you are in need. Please click here for the list.
Are you curious about your emotional well-being and identifying ways to improve your life? Learn to Live offers FREE online programs and tools that can help you improve your mental health. Help is just a click away. Visit Learn to Live and enter the code SAVAGESTORM.
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel, overcome, relate, empower SE! Open the link or download and click on the feel, overcome, relate and empower tabs.
- CDC resource on Stress and Coping during COVID
- LGBTQ (Trevor Project) Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- Man Therapy – explore men’s mental health resources
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: If you are experiencing emotional distress related to COVID-19, please call the disaster distress helpline, 1-800-985-5990.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Mental Health Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Sexual Assault Helpline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 741741
- Lighthouse Behavioral Wellness Center: Covid Impact Hotline is available Monday – Friday 7a to 7p.
- (844) 384-5034
- Sanvello app: Offered FREE during COVID-19 to support your emotional health
- Sunshine Behavioral Health provides information on how to receive treatment for different issues
- Broadway Streaming
- Broadway World: Several virtual experiences to offer creative food for the mind and soul.
- Campus Well E-Magazine learn, overcome, prosper SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the learn, overcome, and prosper tabs.
- Duolingo: You may download the app or use the webpage to learn that language you will need when we can finally travel again!
- H.G. Bennett Memorial Library: Engage in a chat with a librarian, during normal business hours, on their home page. After hours? Click on the box to email a librarian and they will get back to you. You can also access video tutorials on how to use the resources available to you. Online resources available to you include ebooks, ejournals, and libguides. Won’t you dare to be wise?
- Learning Center Tutoring:
- Library of Congress: Best of the national book festival daily events
- London Globe Theatre: Watch some Shakespeare….from your couch?! Yes, please!
- Project TEACH: Coffee Break; Thursdays 10:00am; Join us on Zoom
- Reading for free: Check out a book that is not a required text and explore something different. Enjoy!
- SafeColleges for Students: Access this free training platform for SE students by logging in with your username (ex: jsmith01 from your email address) and password (first 5 letters of your username). The menu on the left you can scroll down until you come to extra training. You can choose from Study Skills training, Time Management training, and a wealth of COVID trainings on a wide array of topics from household preparation to managing stress and anxiety.
- Student Support Services Q&A; Thursdays 2:00pm; Join us on Zoom
- Student Support Services Tutoring:
- Emotional Well-Being Support for Children: Trauma experts talk about how to support you and your children during COVID and offer resources to do just that.
- Free Virtual Field Trips: Allowing children to visit the world without leaving their home.
- Good Night with Dolly: Dolly Parton’s youtube channel has bedtime stories read by the lady herself during this time.
- Julie’s Library: Download the podcast to have Julie Andrews (that’s right, Mary Poppins) read to you in the coming weeks during COVID.
- LaVar Burton Reads podcast
- Library of Congress: Take a tour of the national library and meet up weekly for art classes and readings by Dav Pilkey, Captain Underpants author.
- London Globe Theatre: Watch Shakespeare and tour the theatre.
- Museum Virtual Tours: See some of the best the art world has to offer. Turn on a relaxing sound track while you peruse these fine collections.
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- Pandemic Toolkit: This article discusses how you can support your children emotionally during the COVID event. You can also click on Dr. Bruce Perry’s name in the content to view his website with a wealth of parenting resources under the “more” tab.
- Paper Trail Designs: Fun, free printable I Spy’s for families
- Prevent Child Abuse America: Tips and resources for staying connected during COVID 19.
- Rockettes free dance classes: @therocketts on Instagram will host noon (EST) dance classes live every Thursday
- Science Experiments: A list of 63 experiments you can do with household items.
- Story Time: Children’s books read by various individuals at different times scheduled throughout the day.
- U.S. National Park Virtual Tours: Experience all the public lands our beautiful nation has to offer.
- Bristol Myers Squibb: The pharmaceutical company has expanded their patient assistance program during COVID to offer free medicines to those left in need of their medications during COVID. Please use this resource if you have a need.
- Campus Well E-Magazine move, eat, sleep better SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the move, eat, and sleep tabs.
- Campus Well Self-Care Guide: A quick reference for common health questions and emergencies facing students today.
- CDC Self-Checker: Scroll to it on the main page for real-time guidance to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Food Pantries across America
- Oklahoma Coronavirus Hotline: 877-215-8336; Hours: 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday) & 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Call here if you have questions, concerns, or you think you may have symptoms and need a primary care provider.
- Oklahoma Coronavirus Testing through Health Departments
- Poison Control Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Take Control Initiative: Resources to assist with getting your birth control shipped directly to you during this time.
- Campus Well E-Magazine relate SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the relate tab.
- Census 2020: Mark civic duty off your list this pandemic season. Hurry time is running out to get this item marked off the list!
- Durant Main Street: Facebook feed currently includes “Making it with Main Street”. Lot of talent, crafts, etc being demonstrated for all their followers.
- Nod: Download the app for FREE during COVID to discover how you can stay socially connected during the pandemic.
- Office of Student Life Daily Challenges: Every Monday – Friday
- Follow us on Twitter (@SEOSL) to participate in our daily challenges!
- Socially Distant Fest: Facebook group for individuals to utilize as a creative outlet. Watch people perform, or perform yourself!
- Student Government Association Meetings:Thursdays 7:00pm
- Join us on Zoom: ID 675-934-187
- The Shows Must Go On: Virtual Andrew Lloyd Webber productions available on a play schedule for viewing through youtube.
- Virtual Historic Home Tours: Bet you could get some serious social distancing done in these historic homes. Check them out and maybe add a visit to your list when this is all over!
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries Crossroads: Every Thursday, 8:00pm
- Join us on Facebook Live (Southeastern BCM) or Instagram Live (@realsebcm)
- Campus Well E-Magazine feel SE! Open the link or download the app and click on the feel tab.
- Koru Mindfulness FREE un-class
- For More Information on resources available to you: click here to download
- For a primer on how to use the APP: click here to download
- Student Bible Center Bible Study: Every Thursday
- Join us on Facebook (SE SBC) or Instagram (@SE.SBC)
- Tao: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, they want to offer FREE access to their platform for 90-days to deal with worry and anxiety. They have a full menu to mindfulness exercises available.