Additional Move-In Information
We are so excited to have you back on campus this fall!! For those who are returning residents, many things will be different, and we will be sending information to your SE student email to tell you about those changes. So, it is important to continuously check your SE student email for information from the University and from Housing & Residence Life.
- PREPARING TO CHECK-IN
- Schedule your appointment through the link above (or the one provided for your specific group, as specified above).
- Complete your check-in documentations digitally before you arrive for your check-in appointment. (Specific information and guidelines will be sent out during the week of 8/3-8/7.)
- Arrive on time, preferably about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Bring water to stay hydrated and a dolly to move items, if you will need one.
- Pack lightly and bring only 2 people who can help you move your belongings into your room.
- What to bring: Items that you will need to be successful as a student, including your technology needed for classes, a pre-packed ‘go bag’, a thermometer, at least 2 bottles of water for yourself and each of your 2 helpers.
- What not to bring: anything more than 1 carload, and/or what you and 2 helpers can carry from your car to your room in no more than 2 trips. No more than 2 helpers who will be able to assist you with moving your belongings into your room. Anyone who is greater risk for serious COVID-related health complications. Excess items that you will not immediately need.
- Additional things to consider: https://www.se.edu/hrl/residence-life-faq/ (scroll down to “What should I bring when I move in?” for other considerations.)
- Be prepared to wait or to be turned away if you do not come during your scheduled appointment time and/or have not completed documentation, including receiving your Business Clearance.
- ONCE YOU MOVE IN
- According to SE policy, everyone who enters any University building, including the Residence Halls must wear a face covering (when you are outside of your assigned suite.)
- Practice social distancing.
- Residence Hall elevators are limited in use to one student (or one family or students who live together in the same suite).
- You are responsible for being aware of and following all University and Residence Hall policies.
- Continue to check your SE student email for important Information and Updates.
- LATE CHECK-INS – For those who cannot check in during the scheduled times, you will need to make arrangements to check-in starting Monday, 8/17/20. We usually conduct these ‘late’ check-ins from 2-4pm. We will be sending out information related to late check ins and how to schedule an appointment.
- KEEP CHECKING YOUR SE EMAIL for more information, including updates and modifications!!
- WE’RE SOCIAL! CHECK US OUT: @SOSUHRL
- Relax, plan to learn a lot, and know that this is still an exciting time to come to college at SE and live in the SE Residence Halls.
See you soon!
SOSU Housing & Residence Life
Virtual Office Hours:
Mon. – Thurs. 10AM – 12PM; 1PM – 4pm
Tues. – Thurs. 5PM – 8PM
Email: Housing@se.edu | Phone: 580-745-2948