Housing and Residence Life
Find Your Home at Southeastern.
Home to approximately 700 students, our Residence Halls are more than just a place to sleep and store your things. They are communities that provide an exciting living and learning environment. Our four residential facilities, including one apartment-style complex, meet the needs of everyone. From hall government to intramural sports and study sessions, there are many ways to get involved. Living on campus will help you to make lifelong friends and discover a variety of opportunities.
SE Housing & Residence Life
The SE Housing Portal (in StarRez) is where you can:
- Apply for Housing
- Complete your Express Check-Out of Housing
- Report a Maintenance Concern
- Learn about upcoming HRL programs
- Many additional things
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Summer housing will be available, and will cover the period from 4pm on Friday, 5/7/21, through Monday, 8/9/21.
- Summer student housing is limited to students who:
- are currently enrolled in summer courses, or
- students who meet the following criteria:
- are enrolled for fall and
- who have submitted a fall housing contract and
- who do not have any courses available to take for the summer session, and
- who have an approved (by the Director of Housing & Residence Life) reason to stay on campus
- students with special circumstances who have been approved in writing by the Director of Housing & Residence Life
- The summer housing application is currently available through the Housing Portal. (Continuing spring into summer residents will not have to pay the Room Reservation Fee for summer housing. (New summer students will have to pay the Room Reservation Fee for summer housing and all students will need to pay the Room Reservation Fee for the new Academic Year that begins in August.
- Click here for the Summer Housing Contract Terms & Conditions
- The Fall 2021 Housing Application is now available. Use the SE Housing Portal (in StarRez) to apply for housing.
- Fall 2021 Move-In Schedule is Set!! Click here to see when you can move in.
- Fall 2021 Occupancy will return to normal.
- Residential Living & Learning Communities are designated. Check here to pick the community (& location) you want and/or are eligible for.
- The FALL 2021 Room and Roommate Selection Process begins 7/6!! Submit your Housing Application ASAP in order to have the best chance at your top choice!
SE Residence Halls & Tours
View our four residence halls and learn everything Southeastern has to offer for student housing.Learn More
View your dining options as a student and have instant access to menus, hours of operation, and more.Learn More
Applied for housing? Ready to move in? Check here for details about your big moving day.Learn More
Residential Learning Communities
Connect with like-minded individuals and build relationships in our residential learning communities.Learn More
Student organizations, leadership, events, and much more. Learn about all things student life at Southeastern.Learn More
The Department of Residence Life creates a living environment that supports student learning, fosters personal growth and development, and encourages the development of personal integrity and civic responsibility. We effectively manage well-maintained and reasonably priced residential facilities. We value the individuality of each student and the diversity reflected within our community.
- Residential programs will develop residential communities in which all members feel valued and safe.
- Residential programs will enhance the personal growth and development of resident students.
- Residential programs will support the academic mission of the university.
Residential programs will encourage active citizenship and civic responsibility.
- The Department of Residence Life will provide clean, well maintained and reasonably priced residential facilities will meet the ever-changing needs of students.
- The Department of Residence Life will utilize administrative policies, procedures & processes that ensure the orderly and effective administration and operation of all aspects of the program.
- Well trained and qualified staff will be a foundation of the residential program.
- The Residence Life Department and personnel will maintain a commitment to advocating for the individual needs of each resident student as well as the collective needs and concerns of the residential community.
Due to COVID-19 related campus closures, the Housing & Residence Life Department will only be holding virtual office hours.
Virtual Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
If you would like to speak to a Housing employee please join us via Zoom, click HERE
Helpful Contact Numbers
Main Office (during regular office hours): 580-745-2948
After Hours Emergencies/Campus Police: 580-745-2727