Student Wellness Services has a proud tradition of offering many students employment opportunities that work with their class schedules and assist our professional staff in carrying out the very important work we do for students. We value our student staff and try to offer opportunities that are also beneficial to students’ professional growth. Below you will find a list of positions along with information on whether that opportunity is currently available and accepting applications. Once you have reviewed this information, and decided on the position that best meets your work needs you may fill out this form to complete our employment application process. For questions related to any position we have you may contact the Student Wellness Services staff by calling 580-745-2988.
Referee- Intramural Program (Fall- work-study preferred): Experience with refereeing sport preferred and working knowledge of rules necessary. Sports may include but not limited to flag football, volleyball, basketball, ultimate frisbee. Assist site supervisor with tasks as requested. Ability to make appropriate decisions concerning sports calls among peers. Good at conflict resolution in the playing field. Enforce game rules. Maintains sportsmanship and control of the playing field. There may be some heavy lifting involved.
Site Supervisor- Intramural Program: This is a student position and is conducted by someone who has been found to be responsible, knowledgeable about the program, and sports rules/officiating (preferably a recreation/HPER major who has worked in the intramural program previously), good at resolving conflict over rules/regulations, and reliable. CPR/first Aid training is important for this individual to maintain given the incidence of injury on the playing field and telephones should be used to contact 911 for any trauma that has occurred.
- Job Duties
- Make sure field preparations have been made
- Transport needed equipment/supplies to play site
- Oversight of equipment set-up
- Be alert for any violations that may be occurring (I want to emphasize checking dress code violations so that we can minimize injuries related to apparel)
- Maintain rules and score keeping during the contest
- Insure equipment, trash, etc. are removed from the site and the area is properly secured
- Update paperwork/standings regularly
- Make his/her supervisor aware of any reportable offenses/activity that may warrant further investigation
- Issue sportsmanship ratings and ensure referee sportsmanship ratings are collected after every game. These should be averaged and accounted for in team standings.
- Insure evaluations are distributed to all team members, completed, and returned to site supervisor by mid-season.
- Insure site supervisor takes season photos and insures photos of all winning teams.
- Report scores and pictures to Student Wellness Media Manager weekly.
Student Health Services & Counseling Center: Applicants need good customer service, telephone and communication skills. Basic computer keyboarding skills. Working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook preferred. Perform data entry and collection, create and distribute educational marketing materials, assist with set-up of educational events (some evenings). Organize, maintain and restock supplies, educational materials and equipment. Create files and conduct filing. Daily cleaning duties. Occasional errands. There is occasional lifting and physical labor involved with this position. Student Health Services prefers students working on health science degrees.
Student Wellness Services Website and Social Media Manager: Applicants must have extensive computer knowledge related to social media; Willingness to learn about website content and maintenance; Conduct data research and develop useful site content; Creativity; Good organizational skills; Self-starter, highly motivated; Be able to work without direct supervision at times. Willingness to cross-train for other office duties as needed.
Wellness Center: Applicants need good customer service skills. Must be highly motivated, self-starter, assertive. Assist with enforcement of facility policy & procedure; Assist with equipment maintenance and/or operation; Monitor patron activity; Extensive cleaning duties include but are not limited to: sweep/vacuum floors, sanitize equipment & clean locker rooms, empty trash. Clerical, including answering phones and data entry. Set-up & tear down events; Assist with educational programming; Assist with the collection of surveys; Assist in connecting students to information & resources for health; Other duties as assigned. There is lifting and physical labor involved with this position.