Student Health Services
In Case of Emergency
- Medical Emergency: call 911
- Mental Health Emergency (in Oklahoma): call 1-800-522-1090
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: text TALK to 741741
All currently enrolled students are eligible with a valid SE student ID. If at anytime in the semester a student is dropped from the rolls of the University, the student is no longer eligible to receive the Health Center services. Families of students and visitors are not eligible for services. Faculty/Staff members are provided limited services, such as flu shots, blood pressure monitoring, and administration of prescribed medications. Referral to the faculty/staff members primary care physician is necessary for any other services.
Services provided include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy Testing (urine)
- Urine Analysis
- Some CLIA-Waived Testing
- Safe Sex Education
- Physical Assessment
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Allergy Serial Injection Administration
- Blood Pressure/Weight Checks
- TB Testing
- Plus More (call regarding specific services)
- Student Health Services provides care for minor injuries or illness. We DO NOT have x-ray facilities. Referral may be necessary in some instances. The student is responsible for any expenses incurred through referral.
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday Student Health and Services accepts walk-ins with a current student ID. You may also call and schedule an appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment
Student Health Services staffs a nurse daily. Currently, a physician is available all day on Tuesday and Friday mornings during the fall and spring, and on Tuesday and Thursday mornings during the summer. Please check back each semester for updated physician hours. You may schedule an appointment by calling Student Health Services. We suggest calling at least one day in advance for a more convenient appointment time.
All services offered through Student Health Services are confidential. This means that all identifying information pertaining to student records are not distributed to unauthorized personnel. Personal information that students share maybe entered into their file in written form. The only individuals with access to student files are employees of the office facility. Confidentiality statements are signed by all office personnel (including student workers) in this facility. The only exceptions to confidentiality are governed by law as is reflected in the following:
- When there is concern that harm may come to student or others (i.e. child abuse, suicide, homicide)
- When information is about a premeditated criminal act or violation of law.
- When a court of law subpoenas information from the student’s file
- When the student or their legal guardian sign a written release of records authorizing certain information in the student’s record to be released to another professional.
Location and Hours of Operation
Glen D. Johnson Student Union, Suite 229
Open 8am-5pm M-F
425 W. University Blvd
Durant, Oklahoma 74701
Telephone: (580) 745-2988
Fax: (580) 745-7567