Student Health Services
Student Health Services is open Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm. Student Health Services is closed during all administratively observed university holidays. Summer hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-6pm. Voice mail is available should you want to leave a message to set up an appointment.
All currently enrolled students are eligible with a valid SE student I.D. If at anytime in the semester a student is dropped from the rolls of the University, the student is no longer eligible to receive the Health Center services. Families of students and visitors are not eligible for services. Faculty/Staff members are provided limited services, such as flu shots, blood pressure monitoring, and administration of prescribed medications. Referral to the faculty/staff members primary care physician is necessary for any other services.
Mental health needs are treated through the Counseling Center. Mental health and substance abuse emergencies can be seen on a walk-in basis by staff when available or referral to an appropriate agency can be facilitated. If you have an mental health or substance abuse emergency after hours, please call the Mental Health Services of Southeastern Oklahoma 24 hour crisis line at 1–800–522–1090.
In Case of Emergency:
Medical Emergency: call 911
Mental Health Emergency: call 1-800-522-1090
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741
We are located in the Glen D. Johnson Student Union, Suite 229. Our building is handicap accessible with adjacent parking.
425 W. University Blvd
Durant, Oklahoma 74701-0609
Services provided include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy Testing (urine)
- Urine Analysis
- Some CLIA-Waived Testing
- Safe Sex Education
- Physical Assessment
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Allergy Serial Injection Administration
- Blood Pressure/Weight Checks
- TB Testing
- Plus More (call regarding specific services)
- Student Health Services provides care for minor injuries or illness. We DO NOT have x-ray facilities. Referral may be necessary in some instances. The student is responsible for any expenses incurred through referral.
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday Student Health and Services accepts walk-ins with a current student ID. You may call before you come at (580)745-2988
Scheduling an Appointment
Student Health Services staffs a nurse daily. Currently, a physician is available all day on Tuesday and on Friday mornings during the fall and spring, and all day Tuesday and on Thursday mornings during the summer. Please check back each semester for updated physician hours. You may schedule an appointment by calling Student Health Services during our hours of operation. We suggest calling at least one day in advance for a more convenient appointment time.
All services offered through Student Health Services are confidential. This means that all identifying information pertaining to student records are not distributed to unauthorized personnel. Personal information that students share maybe entered into their file in written form. The only individuals with access to student files are employees of the office facility. Confidentiality statements are signed by all office personnel (including student workers) in this facility. The only exceptions to confidentiality are governed by law as is reflected in the following:
- When there is concern that harm may come to student or others (i.e. child abuse, suicide, homicide)
- When information is about a premeditated criminal act or violation of law.
- When a court of law subpoenas information from the student’s file
- When the student or their legal guardian sign a written release of records authorizing certain information in the student’s record to be released to another professional.