Academic Advising and Outreach Center
The Academic Advising and Outreach Center serves the needs of freshmen (students with less than 24 credit hours), transfer students and students with academic deficiencies. Once a student is admitted to Southeastern and completes College Placement Testing (if required), the academic advisors work with undergraduate students to identify academic options, choose appropriate academic strategies and recognize barriers to academic success.
In the Academic Advisement Center students learn how to:
- Explore interests and goals related to choosing a major, classes and a career
- Evaluate external factors that influence academic performance
- Meet the general education requirements
- Establish a schedule that maximizes the chances of success
- Find information about all of the majors at Southeastern
- Access on-campus support services
- Follow University policies and procedures.
The quickest way to make an appointment is online.
Location: Hallie McKinney – Center for Student Success
Fall and Spring Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Summer Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Closed Fridays.
Student Support Services
Student Support Services provides services to qualified students and is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Education. For more information visit the office of Student Support Services