Teacher Education Resources
Teacher Education continues to be one of the major undergraduate programs at Southeastern. All Teacher Education Programs are accredited by the Council for Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability (OEQA).
Oklahoma Teacher Certification Testing
Teacher Candidates in SOSU’s undergraduate Teacher Education Program must meet all Oklahoma certification requirements as part of their program of study:
- OGET must be passed prior to admission to the Teacher Education Program.
- OGET and OSAT must be passed prior to beginning student teaching.
- OPTE must be passed prior to certification.
Note: Sign up online at www.ceoe.nesinc.com.
GPA Calculator (Major Teaching Fields)
The Excel worksheet below will automatically calculate major teaching field GPAs. Just insert grades and credit hours in the blanks provided.
Teacher Education/Student Teaching Handbook (PDF)
Conceptual Framework Model
Teacher Education Council
The Teacher Education Council (TEC) is the governing body for all educator preparation programs at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. The TEC is composed of teacher education faculty members, public school educators, and community leaders. The TEC is chaired by the Director of Teacher Education.
The Teacher Education Admission and Retention Committee (TEARC) is a subcommittee of the TEC. The TEARC makes all decisions regarding admission to and retention in educator preparation programs at Southeastern. Students may appeal TEARC decisions to the TEC. The decision of the TEC is final.
Student Teacher Evaluation Summaries
This data reflects the evaluation of our student teachers by their public school mentors.
- Fall 2014 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Spring 2015 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Fall 2015 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Spring 2016 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Fall 2016 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Spring 2017 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Fall 2017 Summary of Student Evaluation
- Spring 2018 Summary of Student Evaluations
- Fall 2018-Spring 2019 Summary of Student Evaluations
Title II Reporting
1999-2000 Title II
2000-01 Title II
2001-02 Title II
2002-03 Title II
2003-04 Title II
2004-05 Title II
2005-06 Title II
2006-07 Title II
2007-08 Title II
2008-09 Title II
2009-10 Title II
2010-11 Title II
2011-12 Title II
2015-16 Title II
2016-17 Title II
2017-18 Title II
2018-19 Title II
Completer Survey Data
Advanced Programs Data