President’s Leadership Class
The President’s Leadership Class (PLC), is one of Southeastern’s premier scholarship programs for new freshmen. Get to know the current PLC program and discover for yourself the wonderful opportunities awaiting you in the President’s Leadership Class.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment Services:
Deadline for Application – January 31
- Hold weekly informational meetings highlighting programs and activities in leadership and communication skills, problem solving, team building, cultural diversity, group interaction, and campus life
- Meet regularly with the Southeastern President
- Serve the community as individuals and groups
- Host and participate in special events at Southeastern
To be eligible for the President’s Leadership Class, students must:
- Meet standard admission requirements for SOSU and have applied for Admission
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate involvement in the community
- Complete and submit the PLC Application
- Compete during the Scholarship Competition Weekend
- Attendance of PLC Class and PLC Leadership Retreat
- Each member will attend two campus activities a week
- Each member will join two campus organizations during the semester
- Each member will complete 20 individual service hours a semester (60% of which will be at the student’s discretion)
- Each member to enroll in at least 12 hours, maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA and satisfy the academic performance requirements for each student’s specific degree program
- Have Fun!
Oklahoma Residents receive a four-year tuition waiver total of $8,000.00. Visit Scholarship Opportunities for scholarship details.
Non-Residents of Oklahoma selected to the President’s Leadership Class will receive a four-year cash total of $4,000 ($1,000 per year), 100% non-resident tuition waiver, and a one-year room waiver applicable to Chickasaw, Choctaw or North Hall rooms only.
For continued eligibility, all students must:
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester
- Meet satisfactory academic performance requirements for their degree program and maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Participate in regularly scheduled PLC activities