Skip to content


Enrollment Procedures

First-time students and returning students that were not enrolled the previous semester should visit the Office of Admissions for final admission approval and then make an appointment in the Academic Advising Center to be assigned an advisor. Students who attended classes last semester at Southeastern should see their advisor prior to enrolling. The advisor will provide the student with an enrollment sheet and assist in selecting a class schedule. Enrollment sheets are also available outside the Registrar’s Office, first floor, Administration Building. Courses can either be added or dropped by accessing the Campus Connect system (see below) or by taking the enrollment card to the Registrar’s office.

All students admitted Spring 2003 or later must be advised each semester prior to enrolling. Make an appointment with the Academic Advising Center or with your major advisor.

Southeastern students who are currently enrolled and are on academic probation are not eligible for pre–enrollment until grades are submitted at the end of the current semester when it can be determined whether retention or admission standards have been met.

Web Registration/CampusConnect

CampusConnect now offers current Southeastern students the convenience of enrolling in courses and viewing important Registration, Billing, and Financial Aid data online.

All Southeastern students who have been admitted or are currently enrolled may use the system to view their information. To use CampusConnect to enroll in courses you must have permission from your advisor and the Registrar’s Office. New students must see an advisor prior to enrolling.

The system will be available for use 7 days–a–week from about 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM. CampusConnect will be active except during billing periods, programming changes, or problems with the system. However, enrollment is only available during specific dates outlined in the Southeastern Schedule of Classes and the calendar.

Enrollments/adds/drops will be accepted by web registration through the last day to enroll in classes.

Complete withdrawals cannot be processed through the CampusConnect web registration system. See the following section for directions to process a complete withdrawal.

Class Schedules

Follow this link to view the current Schedule of Classes.If you have any questions about the schedule, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 580-745-2165 or 800-435-1327, ext. 2165.

Regular/General Enrollment

General enrollment will be held at the Registrar’s Office in the Administration Building, Room 100 during the dates listed on the Calendar. (Web registration will also be available on these dates.)

Late Enrollment and Adds

Late enrollment for each semester will be held on the dates listed on the Calendar. Beginning the first day of the semester, students must proceed to the Registrar’s Office (A100) to have class data entered into the computer. Students may enroll or add intensive classes (length less than sixteen weeks for fall or spring semester or less than eight weeks for the summer term) or web registration until the start date of the class (e.g., interim or block classes).

Changing a Class Schedule (Add/Drop)

Schedule changes (drops and/or adds) can be processed by web registration until the last day to enroll/drop a class. Those courses which cannot be added through the web registration system must be processed on an “Official Registration Form” during the Walk–in Pre–Enrollment or Regular/General Enrollment dates. To drop a course that has already begun, an “Official Registration Form” must be processed in the Registrar’s Office.

Complete withdrawals cannot be processed through the web registration system. See the following section for directions to process a complete withdrawal.

Notice: Beginning with the Summer 2003 semester, the enrollment period will be shorter. Students will be allowed to enroll in a class and/or drop a class with no grade record during the first five class days of a regular term and the first three class days of a summer term.

Intensive courses {shorter duration courses less than 16 weeks (fall/spring) or 8 weeks (summer)} will have proportional (shorter) withdrawal and refund time lines.

Complete Withdrawals

If a student needs to withdraw from all classes, it is essential that the student properly process a Complete Withdrawal from the University. Otherwise, the student will receive a grade of “F” in all classes for the semester. Complete Withdrawals must take place by the ‘last day to drop a class’ for the term.

To execute a Complete Withdrawal, the student should complete the following steps:

  • Obtain the “Official Complete Withdrawal” form from the Registrar’s Office (A100) or print the Complete Withdrawal Form
  • Secure the appropriate signatures on the form.
  • Return the completed form to the Registrar’s Office where the complete withdrawal will be finalized.
  • Complete withdrawals cannot be processed by web registration.

In emergency cases, you may fax or mail a request to be completely withdrawn for the semester. Your request must include the following information: the semester, your printed name, written signature, picture ID, and a daytime phone number for problem transmissions. The postmark date or fax transmission will be the withdrawal date.

Once enrolled, the student is responsible for tuition and fees unless a complete withdrawal is processed by 5 p.m. on the last day to drop a class with no grade record (see semester calendar). Intensive courses {shorter duration courses less than sixteen(16) weeks (fall/spring) or eight (8) weeks (summer)} will have proportional (shorter) withdrawal and refund time lines.

Full–Time Status

Undergraduate Students:
Fall or Spring Terms: 12 hours
Summer Term: 6 hours

Graduate Students:
Fall or Spring Terms: 9 hours
Summer Term: 5 hours

Load Maximums

Undergraduate Students:
Fall or Spring Terms: 18 hours
Summer Term: 9 hours

Graduate Students:
Fall or Spring Terms: 14 hours
Summer Term: 9 hours


Students attaining a Retention/Graduation grade point average of at least 3.00 and having completed a minimum of 15 semester hours at Southeastern will be permitted to carry up to a maximum of 21 hours during a regular term or 10 semester hours during a summer term. Verification and approval must be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Approval from the Dean of the School of the student’s major program is required for loads exceeding these maximum numbers.

Audit Enrollments

Any student desiring to audit a class must be admitted to the University and obtain written permission from the instructor. Approval to audit is contingent upon available classroom and laboratory space. Students who are auditing must have met the same prerequisites as students enrolled for credit. Students taking courses for audit may be responsible for attendance and/or participation requirements set by the instructor. Charges for auditing are the same as for courses taken for credit.

The allowable time to change an enrollment status from audit to credit or from credit to audit is by the last date to add/drop a class for that semester. Audit enrollments cannot be processed using web registration.

Incomplete Grades

The grade of “I” can only be changed by the instructor. An “I” must be changed within one calendar year (or sooner at the discretion of the instructor) of the date it is recorded. During this time, the student should not re–enroll in the course.

Repeated Courses

The first four courses (not to exceed eighteen hours) of repeated course work in which the original grade was a “D” or “F” are the only courses in which the original course grade will not be included in computing the Retention/ Graduation GPA.

It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Registrar’s Office when a repeated course situation occurs within these guidelines, especially if one of the courses (original or repeat) was taken at another institution. If both courses were completed at Southeastern and have the same course number, it is not necessary for the student to contact the Registrar’s Office.

If either course (original or repeat) was taken at another institution, it may be necessary for the student to obtain verification from the appropriate Southeastern Academic Department that the original course and the repeat course are in fact deemed to be equivalent courses. A “Repeated Course Notification” form is provided to comply with this policy and should be requested from the Office of the Registrar as soon as a repeated course situation occurs. (Refer to the current Undergraduate Catalog for additional information.)

Grade Reports

Grade reports will not be mailed to all students at the end of each semester. Students may view their final grades on CampusConnect. If you would like to receive a grade report in the mail, you may complete a transcript request in the Registrar’s Office prior to the last day of the semester. A transcript will then be mailed to your permanent address once final grades are available.