Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from Southeastern Oklahoma State University!
We are so very proud of you and are looking forward to celebrating your accomplishment together here this Saturday, December 12th at 10am at SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Southeastern has made the difficult decision to hold the commencement ceremonies for Summer and Fall 2020 graduates virtually on December 12, 2020.
You have been looking forward to celebrating on December 12, and we have created a way to do just that! SOSU 2020 COMMENCEMENT REIMAGINED will launch in the coming weeks. Each graduate will have their very own webpage where family, friends, and the University community may leave written and video messages for you. You will be able to upload photos and information to the site as well. Honor graduates will be recognized of their achievements. You will also be able to share the entire site or specific photos through various social medial platforms. Here is how it will work:
SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined
1. Graduates will have the opportunity to have a professional cap and gown photo taken on the SE Commencement stage. The photo will be automatically uploaded to be used as your “Profile Photo” on your individual webpage.
When: Thursday, November 12 and Friday, November 13, 2020
Where: Glen D. Johnson Student Union, Room 213
- To reserve your time for the photo, check your student email for a reservation link.
Please bring your cap, gown, and regalia for your photo. Graduation regalia can be purchased at the bookstore on campus or ordered online at https://herff.ly/sosu.
- A limited supply of caps and gowns will be available for use during the photo shoot.
- Please contact your Student Organization for organization specific regalia.
- Photos can be purchased from a link you will be sent to your student email.
2. Graduates who do not have their photo taken on November 12 or 13, will be sent a link via their student email on Friday, November 13, 2020 to upload their own “Profile Photo” for their individual webpage.
- An official Graduation photo background will be emailed for your use.
On Friday, November 13, 2020, you will receive a link via your student email to share with your family and friends. They can upload congratulatory comments, photos, and videos to your individual webpage. They will have until Friday, December 4, 2020 to submit messages.
At 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 12, you and your family can visit www.se.edu to view the virtual ceremony, your graduation site, and those sites of your fellow graduates. You will also receive an email via student email with your site address to share as you wish. The virtual ceremony will include videos of speakers, conferring of degrees, and your name being read.
Once your degree is conferred by the Registrar’s Office, diplomas will be mailed within 6-8 weeks after graduation. They will be mailed to the permanent address we have on file. Please be sure to update your permanent address with the Registrar’s Office if it is not where you want your diploma mailed.
Transcripts with degrees on them will be available approximately one week after graduation.
Other Graduation Resources
If you want to order Graduation Announcements, you can do so from Balfour Graduation Announcements.
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the Bookstore during their regular business hours. If you’re interested in purchasing Southeastern memorabilia and want to have it sent with your cap and gown order, just let us know! You can view SE products from the bookstore website. Your full order will be shipped to you via UPS. Be sure to provide a physical street address for the order to be shipped to.
If you are ready to order your Southeastern Oklahoma State University Class Ring, you may do so from Herff Jones.
- Google Maps Directions
- Physical Address: 130 Magnolia Ave Durant, OK 74701
- From the NorthFrom U.S. Highway 69/75, take exit for Business 69/75 South. Follow Business 69/75 (First Street) approximately 2 miles. Bloomer Sullivan Arena is located to your immediate right.
- From the SouthFrom U.S. Highway 69/75, take exit for Business 69/75 South which is three miles north of Main Street exit. Follow Business 69/75 (First Street) approximately 2 miles Bloomer Sullivan Arena is located to your immediate right. From Highway 78, turn right (North) onto North First Street. Follow North First Street through the second traffic signal (intersection of North First and University Boulevard) and Bloomer Sullivan Arena is located to your left.
- From the WestFollow U.S. Highway 70 (Main Street) into Downtown Durant and turn left (North) onto North First Street. Follow North First Street through the second traffic signal (intersection of North First and University Boulevard) and Bloomer Sullivan Arena is located to your left.
- From the EastFrom U.S. Highway 70, turn right (North) onto North First Street. Follow North First Street through the first traffic signal (intersection of North First and University Boulevard) and Bloomer Sullivan Arena is located to your left.
Family/friends are not allowed on the floor to take pictures or videos of the graduates during the ceremony. This is for the safety of our guests. Commencement photographs will be taken by the professional photography firm of Candid Color Photography. Graduates may purchase photographs through Candid Color.
For those of you who have friends and/or relatives who cannot come to your Commencement but want to see you walk across the stage, the ceremonies will be streamed live on the Southeastern website at www.se.edu/live.
Line-up for graduation will be in the Gym (the building south of the Arena). Please arrive at least one hour prior to the start time of the ceremony. Graduating students should come dressed and ready in a black cap and gown. There will not be a place to store items in the gym. At line-up, students will receive a “NAME CARD” from a graduation marshal. On this card, you will print your name as you would like it announced during the ceremony. If your name is difficult to pronounce, please spell it phonetically. Honors graduates will receive a special name card with the honor listed. Once in the gym, find the school of your major and line up in alphabetical order behind the school sign. There will be graduation marshals to assist students.
Please plan to wear suitable footwear. Graduates will be walking over a variety of surfaces (sidewalks, asphalt, parking lot, smooth/slick gym floor, up steps).
For the 9:00am ceremony – Arrive at 8am at the Bloomer Sullivan Gymnasium (south of the Arena) for line up.
For the 12:00pm ceremony – Arrive at 11am at the Bloomer Sullivan Gymnasium (south of the Arena) for line up.
For the 3:00pm ceremony – Arrive at 2pm at the Bloomer Sullivan Gymnasium (south of the Arena) for line up.
The Undergraduate categories are as follows:
Summa Cum Laude – with highest honors ( GPA of 3.90-4.00)
Magna Cum Laude – with high honors (GPA of 3.80-3.89)
Cum Laude – with honors (GPA of 3.70-3.79)
In order to be eligible to graduate with honors, candidates must be completing all requirements for their first baccalaureate degree and achieve a final cumulative grade point average in the above ranges. All honors are awarded contingent upon the final degree conferral in the Office of the Registrar. The honor designations listed in the commencement program are current as of four weeks prior to the ceremonies. Any changes to a student’s honors designation as a result of their final grades will be reflected on the student’s official transcript. Honor stoles may be purchased at the bookstore.
The Graduate categories are as follows:
With Honors – (4.00)
In order to be eligible to graduate with honors, candidates must be completing all requirements for their masters degree and achieve a final cumulative graduate grade point average of 4.0. All honors are awarded contingent upon the final degree conferral in the Office of the Registrar. The honor designations listed in the commencement program are current as of four weeks prior to the ceremonies. Any changes to a student’s honors designation as a result of their final grades will be reflected on the student’s official transcript. Honor stoles may be purchased at the bookstore.
Accommodations and special seating may be arrange through the Coordinator of Disability Services. Please contact:
Tiffany Tate, Coordinator
GDJ Student Union 328
Telephone: (580)745-3036 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined
SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined is an opportunity for family, friends and the University community to celebrate each graduate in a personal and meaningful way. Graduates and guests can now view personalized graduate webpages where family, friends, and the University community have left written and video messages for the graduates.
As a courtesy to our students, Southeastern allows Summer Graduates to walk in the Spring ceremony. However, summer graduates will not be listed in the Spring Commencement booklets. The designated ceremony for all summer graduates is the Fall ceremony.