Spring 2021 Commencement will take place May 7, 8 and 9, 2021.
– Spring 2021 and all 2020 graduates may participate in one of the ceremonies.
– Ceremonies are scheduled for 9:00 A.M. each date on Paul Laird Field and will be live streamed at www.se.edu .
– In the event of inclement weather, we will delay the ceremony until later the same day. If the weather does not allow for us to proceed, the ceremony will be canceled as the University does not have the ability to safely move the ceremonies indoors at this time.
– A virtual Commencement ceremony will be available for viewing for students who are unable to participate in person.
– Tickets to the ceremony will be limited. Graduates will have three (3) tickets for guests to attend in person and should refer to their student email for information on how to claim tickets.
Graduates can claim commencement tickets April 15 – April 30.
– Graduates will receive a link to the graduation portal in their student email or personal email on file and will be able to select a ceremony and claim their guest tickets from April 15 – April 30, 2021.
– Undergraduate and graduate students may commence at any of the three ceremonies, but they must select a ceremony to participate. There is not a specific ceremony graduates are required to attend. We will recognize 2020 and Spring 2021 graduates at each ceremony. Master and Baccalaureate degrees will be conferred at each ceremony. Degrees from each academic school will be conferred at each ceremony.
– Guest tickets will be electronic and guests MUST have their electronic or printed ticket to gain entrance to the graduation ceremony.
Graduates will only be able to access the portal one time to claim tickets and may not make changes once their tickets have been claimed. Once your code has been used you will no longer have access to the portal.
– Gates will open for ticketed guest entry one hour before the ceremony begins.
In an effort to keep our students, faculty, staff, and guests safe, Southeastern Oklahoma State University continues to follow COVID-19 safety protocols.
– Guests should allow extra time for entry and have their tickets ready to scan upon arriving to the entrance gate.
– Masks that cover the nose and mouth completely will be required for all guests in the graduation venue.
– Stadium seating will be marked for guests to maintain social distancing.
– To adhere to social distancing guidelines, seating will be limited. Graduates will have a limited number of tickets for guests to attend.
– Due to the potential for extreme heat, we encourage guests in vulnerable populations to view the ceremony via livestream. Water will be available for purchase for guests.
Once your degree is conferred by the Registrar’s Office, diplomas will be mailed within 6-8 weeks after graduation. They will be mailed to the permanent address we have on file. Please be sure to update your permanent address with the Registrar’s Office if it is not where you want your diploma mailed.
Transcripts with degrees on them will be available approximately one week after graduation.
Other Graduation Resources
If you want to order Graduation Announcements, you can do so from Balfour Graduation Announcements.
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the Bookstore during their regular business hours. If you’re interested in purchasing Southeastern memorabilia and want to have it sent with your cap and gown order, just let us know! You can view SE products from the bookstore website. Your full order will be shipped to you via UPS. Be sure to provide a physical street address for the order to be shipped to.
If you are ready to order your Southeastern Oklahoma State University Class Ring, you may do so from Herff Jones.
2. Physical Address: 218 W. University Blvd. Durant, OK 74701
Family/friends are not allowed on the floor to take pictures or videos of the graduates during the ceremony. This is for the safety of our guests. Commencement photographs will be taken by the professional photography firm of Candid Color Photography. Graduates may purchase photographs through Candid Color.
For those of you who have friends and/or relatives who cannot come to your Commencement but want to see you walk across the stage, the ceremonies will be streamed live on the Southeastern website at www.se.edu/live.
Graduates will arrive at Bloomer Sullivan Gymnasium at 8:00am to begin checking in.
Graduates should arrive dressed in cap and gown and masked.
Graduates will receive a card to write their name on for the name reader, and a printed program.
Graduates will line up as either a Master or Bachelor degree graduate and in alphabetical order by last name.
Graduates will be walking on the football field, which is soft turf surface. Comfortable walking shoes are strongly recommended in lieu of heels or other shoes which could increase the risk of injury.
Graduates will be directed to their seats on the field and remain socially distanced at all times.
There will not be a place to store your personal belongings, so only arrive with what you plan to carry through the ceremony.
Only graduates are allowed in the lineup area.
The Undergraduate categories are as follows:
Summa Cum Laude – with highest honors ( GPA of 3.90-4.00)
Magna Cum Laude – with high honors (GPA of 3.80-3.89)
Cum Laude – with honors (GPA of 3.70-3.79)
In order to be eligible to graduate with honors, candidates must be completing all requirements for their first baccalaureate degree and achieve a final cumulative grade point average in the above ranges. All honors are awarded contingent upon the final degree conferral in the Office of the Registrar. The honor designations listed in the commencement program are current as of four weeks prior to the ceremonies. Any changes to a student’s honors designation as a result of their final grades will be reflected on the student’s official transcript. Honor stoles may be purchased at the bookstore.
The Graduate categories are as follows:
With Honors – (4.00)
In order to be eligible to graduate with honors, candidates must be completing all requirements for their masters degree and achieve a final cumulative graduate grade point average of 4.0. All honors are awarded contingent upon the final degree conferral in the Office of the Registrar. The honor designations listed in the commencement program are current as of four weeks prior to the ceremonies. Any changes to a student’s honors designation as a result of their final grades will be reflected on the student’s official transcript. Honor stoles may be purchased at the bookstore.
To comply with COVID-19 safety protocols, adjustments have been made to Commencement ceremonies. Graduates should check their student email for the most up-to-date graduation information.
Accommodations and special seating may be arrange through the Coordinator of Disability Services. Please contact:
Tiffany Tate, Coordinator
GDJ Student Union 328
Telephone: (580)745-3036 E-mail: email@example.com
SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined
SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined is an opportunity for family, friends and the University community to celebrate each graduate in a personal and meaningful way. Graduates and guests can now view personalized graduate webpages where family, friends, and the University community have left written and video messages for the graduates.
Congratulations on your graduation from Southeastern Oklahoma State University!
We are so very proud of you and are happy to celebrate your accomplishment together here at SOSU 2020 Commencement Reimagined.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Southeastern has made the difficult decision to hold the commencement ceremonies for Summer and Fall 2020 graduates virtually on December 12, 2020.