Undergraduate Admission Requirements
A student who has earned no more than six hours of college-level credit after graduation from high school (this excludes credits earned concurrently with high school enrollment and credits earned by examination) or has earned a GED and their high school class has graduated.
We have six types of undergraduate admissions: New Freshman, Transfer, Returning, Adult New Freshman, Concurrent, Non-Degree Seeking. Explore the pages here to learn more about how you can join the Southeastern Oklahoma State University family.
To be admitted as a Freshman student:
- Complete the Application for Admission and pay the application fee
- Provide official ACT or SAT scores
- Provide high school transcript
- Provide official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities, if applicable
- Meet one of the following performance requirements:
- Attained at least an ACT composite of 20 or SAT equivalent
- Have a GPA of 2.7 or higher from a state–accredited high school AND rank in the upper 50% of your graduating class
- Have a GPA of 2.7 or higher from a state–accredited high school in the 15 required curricular units listed below
- Also meet the following curricular requirements:
- 4 years of English (or an ACT English of 19 or SAT equivalent)
- 3 years of Math (or an ACT Math of 19 or SAT equivalent)
- 3 years of History and Citizenship skills (or an ACT Reading of 19 or SAT equivalent)
- 3 years of Lab Science (or an ACT of 19; SAT does not test in Science)
- 2 additional years or units of foreign language, computer science, or any of the above listed subjects
Students are required to participate in College Placement Tests if they have not met high school curricular requirements or have not met the required sub-scores on the ACT or SAT.