Savage Storm Leaders
Savage Storm Leaders (SSLs) are a group of outstanding students who volunteer their time to prepare and welcome new students to the Southeastern campus. SSLs are role models who play a vital role in the transition of new students from their high school environment to the college environment.
SSLs serve the University for one year from Spring – Fall semesters. Applications are available and accepted in late fall semester for the following spring semester start. SSLs are expected to:
- Exhibit commitment to the mission and goals of Southeastern, The Big BLUE Experience, and new student orientation
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about SE, its people, and its programs, and to share the information with others
- Maintain a good working relationship with the SSL team, University faculty, staff, and students
- Promote positive aspects of all University services
- Be a friend to someone who needs it
- Possess the following role model qualities: maturity responsibility, initiative, motivation, flexibility, enthusiasm, positivity, integrity, and a good work ethic
- Be eager to improve leadership and teamwork skills
- Be able to work effectively with a diverse group of team members and to promote the benefits of diversity
- Work new student orientation, The Big BLUE Experience, and special events
Applications will be available the first week in October in the Office of Student Life (SU 305). Applications will be due in late October.