Distance Education Council
Function: The function of the Distance Education Council (DEC) will be to provide leadership in evaluating, reviewing, assessing, and developing the distance education philosophy and curriculum. Any recommendation by the DEC concerning philosophies and policies of online learning will be submitted to the Academic Council. The DEC will work with the appropriate academic departments and/or administrative offices to ensure the continuation, assessment, quality, and evolution of the distance education program. The DEC will review the results of distance education assessment to determine if any modifications need to be made in the distance education philosophy and curriculum and make recommendations, if necessary, to the appropriate departments/faculty. The DEC will work with faculty and administration in determining and recommending which technology and training is necessary to implement and maintain courses and programs that will be delivered via distance education. (APPM 3.6.1)
Current Chair: Christala Smith
- Membership 2023-2024 (updated 11-15-2023)
- Membership 2022-2023
- Membership 2021-2022
- Membership 2020-2021
- Membership 2019-2020
- Membership 2018-2019 (updated 3-6-2019)
- Membership 2017-2018
- Membership 2016-2017 (updated 10-16-2016)
- Membership 2015-2016
- LMS Transition Committe (of the DEC) Proposal for LMS Platform and Third-Party Add-ons, 3/23/2022.
- LMS Transition Group Update emailed to Faculty, Staff, and Students on 2/11/2022.
- March 25, 2019 Minutes
- February 25, 2019 Minutes
- January 28, 2019 Minutes
- December 3, 2018 Minutes
- October 15, 2018 Minutes
- SIDE Subcommittee Notes (11-5-2018)
- SIDE Subcommittee Report (10-23-2018)
- IETV (later called SIDE) Subcommittee Notes (10-10-2018)
- September 10, 2018 Minutes
- March 28, 2017 Minutes, Agenda
- February 28, 2017 Minutes, Agenda
- January 24, 2017 Minutes, Agenda
- Proposed Online Teaching Certificate (1-24-2017), and Memo Policy Proposal (included in the APPM 6.7.2, 6.7.2 Online Teaching Certificate and Continuous Development).
- Intellectual Property Statement (1-24-2017), placed in the APPM 7.10.3 (Updated 2-2019). An earlier version of the Intellectual Property Statement (10-4-2016).
- November 29, 2016 Minutes
- October 4, 2016 Minutes