Leading the Savage Storm
The Southeastern Cheer Squad performs at athletic events and represents the University around campus and town.
Meet the Team
Photos coming soon!
Cheerleader tryouts are held each spring. Contact the Office of Student Life for upcoming dates.
Need to be admitted to Southeastern
To be eligible to be a Cheer Squad member, the member must be a full-time student (12 hours undergraduate), and maintain a GPA of at least 2.0.
Comply with the Cheer Squad Constitution.
Attend pre-camp practice
To tryout, interested men and women must attend the mandatory practice sessions:
2019 tryout schedule
February 28, 2019 – 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
March 6, 2019 – 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Tryouts will be held March 10, 2019.
All practices and the tryout are in the Student Union Gym.
Dress for practice and tryouts:
- You will need to wear black spandex and a white t-shirt
- Appropriate attire is required for tryouts and open practices. This means workout gear that is not restrictive, nor loose and baggy.
- No gum chewing
- No earrings, watches or body jewelry
- NCA safety guidelines will be followed during tryouts and open practices and all stunts will have required spots.
What to bring:
- Wear cheer shoes and appropriate work out attire; hair pulled back.
- Copy of the front and back of your insurance card
- Copy of a sports physical signifying clearance to participate
- Release and Waiver form
- Proof of admission to Southeastern (acceptance email/letter) for high school seniors or a college transcript for current college students
- Water Bottle
- Pen and Paper
- Small Snack for energy
Candidates will be judged on:
- Spirit / overall appearance
- Tumbling* (minimum: round off back handspring / standing back handspring)
- We teach all material (cheer, chant, dance) needed for tryouts at the mandatory practices
*You can still make the squad without this.
Director, Student Life
Glen D. Johnson Student Union, Room 305