What are the tryout requirements?
- Must be accepted into Southeastern Oklahoma State University at the time of tryouts.
- You must be able to attend all practices, games, and other related activities throughout the entire season.
- All necessary documentation to participate.
- Back handspring
*Cheerleaders are encouraged to tryout even if they do not meet tumbling requirements.
What should I wear for tryouts?
- 2-piece attire:
- Top: black sports bra
- Bottom: solid black spandex
- Male Cheerleaders:
- Black short sleeve shirt
- Solid black shorts
- White Cheer shoes and white socks
- Cheer bow
How should I wear my hair and make-up?
- Make-up should complement your natural beauty. Hair should be worn half up-half down with a bow.
- Male Cheerleaders: Make sure that hair is neatly styled. A clean-cut look is required.
Can my family watch tryouts?
- All portions of our tryout process will be closed to the public.
Are virtual clinics mandatory?
- Clinics are non-mandatory. They are clinics offered to provide preparation for our upcoming tryout. They are an inside look of what we expect at tryouts.
What does SE Cheer get to do?
- Perform at all Southeastern Football Home Games, Men’s and Women’s Basketball Home Games and community-wide events.
- Travel to Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournament Games.
- Entertain fans at various campus and off-campus events.
- Lend time and talent at community service events.
- MAKE LIFETIME FRIENDS!
If I am currently a high school senior but will not graduate until June, can I still tryout and be selected?
- Yes, as long as you are accepted into SOSU.
Are there any program benefits?
- Scholarship, Team Issued Athletic Apparel and Uniforms, Team Travel (Football and Basketball) Strength & Conditioning are provided to each member of our program.
What type of time commitment is required if chosen as an SE cheerleader?
- TOTAL COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED!!!!
- Community Service Events
- Tryout Clinics
- Team Bonding