Fall 2021 New Student Orientation
August 13-15 2021
This year’s CAMP SE is combining with the Big BLUE Experience for one over-the-top New Student Orientation event!
Camp SE is a New Student Orientation held in August before classes begin. It is a great way for incoming students to get to know the University. For over 20 years, the orientation tradition has provided students with an opportunity to meet other students and transition into the college environment. All new students are required to attend Camp SE.
The Big BLUE Experience is not just a summer orientation camp. It’s the beginning of a relationship between new students and Southeastern Oklahoma State University. While the Big BLUE Experience is a great way for students to learn the ins-and-outs of life at SE, our primary goal is that every camper leaves the Big BLUE Experience feeling they have been connected with a vital support system to help them succeed.
Students will be charged a $30 non-refundable registration fee to attend New Student Orientation.
Registration Deadline: August 6, 2021
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 13
12:00pm – Camp SE [GDJ Student Union]
3:30pm – Class of 2025 Photo [Steps of Morrison]
4:00pm – Freshmen Convocation [Montgomery Auditorium]
4:30pm – Dinner on the Lawn [Front Lawn]
Saturday, August 14
11:00am – Camp SE [GDJ Student Union]
1:30pm – Playfair [Bloomer Sullivan Arena]
4:00pm – Big BLUE Experience [Front Lawn]
Sunday, August 15
12:00pm – Water Wars [Front Lawn]
6:00pm – Ice Cream Sundaes [GDJ Student Union Atrium]
Goals for New Student Orientation
- Meet and know the names of at least five new people
- To set realistic expectations for academic achievement
- To identify at least five student services and resources and how to access them
- To learn about Southeastern traditions and how I am part of those traditions
- To experience life as a college student
What Can Students Expect at Orientation?
- Be introduced to issues often faced by new students & resources available on campus
- Learn about SE specific traditions, history, & involvement opportunities
- Meet a faculty member & learn about academic expectations
- Get your parking sticker and student ID.
What Can Parents & Family Expect at Orientation?
- Casual, conversational environment to learn about the University’s expectations of their student
- Meet with campus administrators, faculty friends, and real live SE students
- Have time to visit campus offices to help prepare their students for classes to begin
What does my Registration Fee include?
- Class of 2025 t-shirt
- Big BLUE Swag
Follow SE Student Life for more details!